For the last 2 weeks we have been calling on RIM to bring on the Thunder. The last 12 hours has been like Xmas and Easter all wrapped into one.

Wow RIM... yall were really working your tails off huh?

-- BBM
    --Bridge update (major improvements)
    -- Facebook
    -- Smoother OS update
    -- Video Chat

Silky smooth, yall should be congratulated. Now the question is, what comes next?
    05-03-11 02:48 AM
    I'm putting a post together of all the changes a friend and I have found so far. We've been trying everything that we can possibly think of. I should have it up some time tomorrow (Tuesday).

Also to answer your question about what comes next, I think multi-user video chat would be amazing!
    05-03-11 02:50 AM
    I said it in another post, but here goes

All those that doubted RIM, including those that returned ya Playbooks, Fekk off now okay.

After been an Android fanboy for so long, I'm so glad to have a PB. The OS is so refreshing, and RIM seems to be ultra committed to making this baby one h3ll of a good tablet.

2 thumbs up from me!
    05-03-11 03:14 AM
    Just updated OS and i still dont see BBM or Facebook...but i see video chat though? =\...already unpaired rebooted and paired it and reboot but i still don't see BBM or FB
    05-03-11 03:36 AM
    Just updated OS and i still dont see BBM or Facebook...but i see video chat though? =\...already unpaired rebooted and paired it and reboot but i still don't see BBM or FB
    did you update Bridge and BBM on your BB?
    If you didnt, do it and it should work
    05-03-11 03:44 AM
    yeap i updated bridge to 1.0.0.83 and BBM to the latest one
    05-03-11 03:48 AM
    GPS working like it should and the email App would be nice. Oh, and a twitter App. I dont use a single feature they just added. Boring update for me.
    05-03-11 03:50 AM
    the twitter app is new?? .__.
    05-03-11 03:53 AM
    yeap i updated bridge to 1.0.0.83 and BBM to the latest one
    Now unbridge your BB and PB, restart both. and re-bridge
    05-03-11 03:54 AM
    its hopeless...doesnt work >__>
    05-03-11 04:02 AM
    So what version is your BBM then?
    05-03-11 04:15 AM
    Restart both devices and repair them. Also you need to search for facebook in app world.
    05-03-11 05:33 AM
    Ummm.. FB isnt going to magically appear.. youre going to have go to app world and download it...
    05-03-11 05:47 AM
    its hopeless...doesnt work >__>
    Did you delete all of your bridge AND bluetooth profiles? I had to actually delete the profiles from the phone and playbook before the bbm icon would show up.
    05-03-11 06:05 AM
    i am noticing a browser speed increase, it used to hang up a few second at around 20% now it just loads like my laptop. nice and fast now.
    05-03-11 06:26 AM
    The FB shortcut (to the full FB msite on thew web) is no longer there with this update. You have to go to App World and download and use the separate FB for Playbook app. Or, you can go to FB on the web and save a shortcut on your home page.
    05-03-11 06:45 AM
    The FB shortcut (to the full FB msite on thew web) is no longer there with this update. You have to go to App World and download and use the separate FB for Playbook app. Or, you can go to FB on the web and save a shortcut on your home page.
    My facebook web link is still there after this update. I now have two identical facebook icons, one for the app and one for the web link. I wish they would have made the icons slightly different too.
    05-03-11 06:48 AM
    Yeah its here!!!
    05-03-11 06:51 AM
    Anyone figure out how to make home screen icon from browser bookmarks yet with v1.0.3??
    05-03-11 06:54 AM
    Sweet! Cant wait to try the video chat!
    05-03-11 06:54 AM
    Can't seem to find the new BBM on my Playbook or my Tour. Still have version 5.0.2.12 and can't find the new version in the app world.
    05-03-11 06:56 AM
    I just tried the http://html5test.com/ site and it no longer loads. Does it work for others? Prior to this update it worked fine and my Playbook scored higher than my desktop.

Robert
    05-03-11 06:57 AM
    Anyone figure out how to make home screen icon from browser bookmarks yet with v1.0.3??
    click on the star+ button top right web page on whatever page you want on the home screen.
    eds817 likes this.
    05-03-11 07:00 AM
    oh wait...it seems that there was anew update prior to the update i made yesterday..odd..i guess it should work now :P...oh and yar i noticed u had to get FB from app world :P
    05-03-11 07:03 AM
    Doh! I was assuming it would be something on the Bookmark edit screen. Thanks!

I wonder why they decided to create a tiny thumbnail of the page instead of just using the favicon? That seems kind of stupid.. You can't see anything in a thumbnail that small anyway. That is exactly what favicons were created for.. DOH!

click on the star+ button top right web page on whatever page you want on the home screen.
    05-03-11 07:17 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD