Well the first playbook [16GB] i picked up in August had an attitude problem and refused to auto-rotate! Got it replaced in the first week of September after going through the mandatory rectification walk-through.

The brand new box i picked up worked like a charm and i started loving the PB more than ever.

Compared to the iPad my wife and kid use, the PB felt so much better to use mainly because of the amazing way i could multi-task!

Anyway, i guess good things seldom last.

For the past 2 days, my Playbook has refused to charge up.

Wall charger, USB Cable, Wipe, Reset, Update did the whole thing but no luck.

And yes the charger works fine on my phone.

So well, it is going to the service center today and i hope i get a replacement which goes the distance.

Right now i'm at a stage where i say "i love the playbook...but i hate it"
    10-14-11 11:43 PM
    Woah sucks, I hope my doesnt turn out to be a lemon :P
    10-14-11 11:54 PM
    Sorry to hear about your PlayBook having problems. I purchased my 32gb from....dare I say, BestBuy in May and I'm happy to report NO problems so far......guess I got a GOOD one. It was purchased in Union, New Jersey....they still have some
    10-15-11 12:06 AM
    the saddest thing is that i sell BBs for a living out here in this part of the world and having the PB fail like this makes me scared to recommend it to my loyal customers
    10-15-11 12:22 AM
    The OP's complaint is extremely rare. I don't know if it might not be the first one like it that I've seen. The OS cannot ever become locked into a process -command to not charge- because of the nature of its architecture and the fact that he claims he went through every procedure to restore function with direct support from RIM. The chances of two devices being sold to him on different dates with defective batteries or hardware is extremely remote especially considering his problems are very rare if not unheard of.
    10-15-11 12:33 AM
    Which is why i am banging my head on the wall. Usually when you do a google for specific complaints, it throws a lot of threads here and there so you know you are not alone in this but i have seen very few regarding my complaints. I think i saw one user in here post the auto-rotate issue which i had.

I'm a distributor for BB out here since Feb 2009 and i guess i'm like "why me"

And yes, the RIM support team after all their steps concluded that it would be a hardware issue and not a software one and had to be taken to the service center which is 300 Kilometers from where i live
    10-15-11 12:48 AM
    I suspect the USB connector - there is a lot of torque put on those by the charger cable if they are not handled right.
    And you do realize there is an "auto rotate" lock button icon right? Because you hadn't mentioned that it was unlocked.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-15-11 at 01:27 AM.
    10-15-11 01:25 AM
    Yes. That's what the support team said. But need to take it to the service center to confirm. They said if it was only the connector pin which is at fault, they would rectify that and send it back. Or if it is a major hardware issue then i would get a replacement.

And as for the auto-rotate not working of course there is a lock button and of course it was unlocked
    10-15-11 01:35 AM
    Up to my 3rd PB in 2 weeks... The 16gb got returned for a 32gb and the first two 32gb had screen issues ( one had an unreasonable amount of dust particles under the screen and the other had 3 really bright pixels in less than desireable locations ). I like the device a lot though.
    10-15-11 10:17 AM
    For the past 2 days, my Playbook has refused to charge up.

Wall charger, USB Cable, Wipe, Reset, Update did the whole thing but no luck.

And yes the charger works fine on my phone.
    Does the BlackBerry PlayBook boot-up at all and remain running? The only charger you should be using is the wall-charger which came with the tablet or a rapid charger, at least for the first few charge-cycles. What percentage charge is displayed on the tablet when you click the on-screen power icon near the top of the screen? These days it is very difficult to discern between trolls and people with legitimate problems.
    10-15-11 10:28 AM
    Ok here we go.

Yes the playbook was booting up and running fine. Absolutely no issues. All the apps and games were just great and the PB had no problems pulling them on Make no mistake i love this device.

As for the charger yes i obviously use only the wall charger which was provided along with the Playbook and the USB Cable.

And regarding the percentage of charge it was at 52% when i noticed that it was not charging up.

Had a battery monitoring software and it showed no power coming in.

Did a backup and proceeded to wipe the tablet. After the update, it went through the mandatory update but after all that, no charge.

Left it connected overnight once to the wall charger and to the usb cable on the next night. But no luck.

Finally after the charge reduced to 19% i had enough and called up the support team and they took me through their usual steps to try and help rectify the situation.

But then they concluded that it was a hardware issue and prompted me to take it to the service center.

As for your comment on trolls i'll just choose to ignore that because i'm guessing that you missed out the part where i said i sell Blackberry phones and tablets for a living.
    10-15-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD