The update to 2670 was four major steps backwards for me and no steps forward.

1) My email no longer can open attachments. This is because the update to 2670 broke the Bridge's ability to see the SD card on my 9700. Clean wipes and OS reinstalls on BOTH my PB and my 9700 have not solved the problem. After hours on the phone with RIM "third level support" they acknowledged it was a known problem experienced by many people and was caused by the update. "They are working on it."

2) My battery life after the update is now horrible. I often take my fully charged PB off the charger at 7am, take it to work on standby ALL DAY without ever taking it out of the sleeve, and it has over 95% battery when I sit down on my couch at 9pm. Now, I am down to 40%, or even less. If I use it at all I am now losing about 20% to 25% battery per hour of mild use.

3) Wifi file sharing is no longer working at all. I used to be able to view my PB as a network drive on my Win 7 desktop and transfer files using my desktop. Now, Win 7 cannot even see my PB at all.

4) Certain videos wont play anymore through the browser. I used to be able to watch ESPN local SportsCenter snippets every morning. Starting immediately after the upgrade to 2670 I get a message that the video is not supported on my device.

Many other features are still missing - ie. ability to rename/reorder bookmarks - but at this point I would be vaguely happy if the features that are there actually worked.

My PB has fallen far below expectations (I bought the first day they were available for pre-order in March). App support is not there, and looks like it might never be there. The hardware is a bit flaky - rapid charging stand has major design flaw, power button is impossible to push, GPS has major accuracy problems.

Color me a very unhappy customer. I've had RIM products for many many years - I even had a BlackBerry back when it looked like a small pager. My Tmobile contract is set to expire this winter (February?) and I am really not too confident I will continue to back these products.
    07-27-11 11:18 AM

3) Wifi file sharing is no longer working at all. I used to be able to view my PB as a network drive on my Win 7 desktop and transfer files using my desktop. Now, Win 7 cannot even see my PB at all.
    I was never able to see my PB on my network from day one. Now all I do is get the run box up and type \\ipaddress and it will open the PB up. You can create a shortcut from there. I suppose you could map the drive to.
    07-27-11 11:24 AM
    ooh dear, i didnt know about ESPN sportscentre , i keep on getting same message! ):
    07-27-11 11:58 AM
    The update to 2670 was four major steps backwards for me and no steps forward.

1) My email no longer can open attachments. This is because the update to 2670 broke the Bridge's ability to see the SD card on my 9700. Clean wipes and OS reinstalls on BOTH my PB and my 9700 have not solved the problem. After hours on the phone with RIM "third level support" they acknowledged it was a known problem experienced by many people and was caused by the update. "They are working on it."

2) My battery life after the update is now horrible. I often take my fully charged PB off the charger at 7am, take it to work on standby ALL DAY without ever taking it out of the sleeve, and it has over 95% battery when I sit down on my couch at 9pm. Now, I am down to 40%, or even less. If I use it at all I am now losing about 20% to 25% battery per hour of mild use.

4) Certain videos wont play anymore through the browser. I used to be able to watch ESPN local SportsCenter snippets every morning. Starting immediately after the upgrade to 2670 I get a message that the video is not supported on my device.

Many other features are still missing - ie. ability to rename/reorder bookmarks - but at this point I would be vaguely happy if the features that are there actually worked.

My PB has fallen far below expectations (I bought the first day they were available for pre-order in March). App support is not there, and looks like it might never be there. The hardware is a bit flaky - rapid charging stand has major design flaw, power button is impossible to push, GPS has major accuracy problems.

Color me a very unhappy customer. I've had RIM products for many many years - I even had a BlackBerry back when it looked like a small pager. My Tmobile contract is set to expire this winter (February?) and I am really not too confident I will continue to back these products.
    yes you are stating what has already been said many many times.... move on... TSN Sports News & Headlines | Score Results, Standings | Schedules works on my PB still, its like ESPN, but for us Canadians.

RIM is aware of the sharing issue. It was even on the CB main page and how to fix it. Type in the IP address of the PB as a mapped drive on your network and it will show up
    07-27-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD