the friday before labor day, finally too the leap and ordered the 64gb playbook i coveted. after a long weekend and an agonizingly slow delivery process, i finally had the device in hand september 10th. the initial setup went less than well but i finally got it working and thought my worst playbook days were past. that was until yesterday!

had charged up my playbook overnight, packed it in my backpack, then headed off to work. didn't even try using it until the afternoon. i don't turn it off, i just let it go to sleep then swipe the screen to start. when i did...nothing. pressed the on button, which had been annoying fro day one, the screen lit but would not respond. tried turning it off, no joy. after about a half hour, it went dark and, try as i might, nothing could be done to revive it.

i continued for a bit but decided early on, i was not going to let frustrate me further and eventually returned it to best buy to begin exploring my options. they confirmed the device was, in fact, dead, bricked, whatever. i was then referred to the customer service counter for the next bit of bad news: most laptops/tables can be exchanged for a new one within 14 days. after that, issues would need to be addressed to the manufacturer. lump in throat, i let the guy research further and, behold, the system allowed him to provess the exchange! less than an hour and i was on my way out with a new playbook.

i got it back home, breezed through the setyp, ran the battery down and i've had it on the charger since last night. in my brief experience with home computing products, that first playbook was the most problematic of my purchases. i'm disappointed it went down but glad it happened when it did. still holding out for the playbook's value added and fingers are crossed the new device is less problematic than the previous one. so far, off to a better start.
    10-04-11 08:09 PM
    Hope you tried a 3 button reset first...

Also I kinda doubt Best Buy really confirmed anything, they probably attempted the exact same things you did and called it bricked.
    10-04-11 08:14 PM
    the friday before labor day, finally too the leap and ordered the 64gb playbook i coveted. after a long weekend and an agonizingly slow delivery process, i finally had the device in hand september 10th. the initial setup went less than well but i finally got it working and thought my worst playbook days were past. that was until yesterday!

had charged up my playbook overnight, packed it in my backpack, then headed off to work. didn't even try using it until the afternoon. i don't turn it off, i just let it go to sleep then swipe the screen to start. when i did...nothing. pressed the on button, which had been annoying fro day one, the screen lit but would not respond. tried turning it off, no joy. after about a half hour, it went dark and, try as i might, nothing could be done to revive it.

i continued for a bit but decided early on, i was not going to let frustrate me further and eventually returned it to best buy to begin exploring my options. they confirmed the device was, in fact, dead, bricked, whatever. i was then referred to the customer service counter for the next bit of bad news: most laptops/tables can be exchanged for a new one within 14 days. after that, issues would need to be addressed to the manufacturer. lump in throat, i let the guy research further and, behold, the system allowed him to provess the exchange! less than an hour and i was on my way out with a new playbook.

i got it back home, breezed through the setyp, ran the battery down and i've had it on the charger since last night. in my brief experience with home computing products, that first playbook was the most problematic of my purchases. i'm disappointed it went down but glad it happened when it did. still holding out for the playbook's value added and fingers are crossed the new device is less problematic than the previous one. so far, off to a better start.
    Kind of an overreaction to a drained battery.
    10-04-11 08:33 PM
    lol yup!

Wifes did the same thing after being on the charger overnight and then the usb cable ti the computer. I wiped it via desktop manager and it still wouldnt turn on. Same issue with mine. Tried chargernat work and wow it turned on. Felt realky stupid since i manage the company bes server and comouter infastructure lmao.
    10-04-11 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD