• 1 Post By Yankee495
  • 2 Post By jivegirl14
  • 1 Post By goku_vegeta
  • 1 Post By Tomcat_Alley
  • 1 Post By 416to604
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2012 Must Haves for Playbook?

Hey guys, i goy my playbook some days ago and i really really love it, but i really havent had the time to go deeper into what apps, games or accesories are some serious must haves, so i would really appreciate if you all could help me out building a list.

Just mention any native apps, sideloads, games, accesories or anything you might think about that no one should be missing.

I wasnt able to find a similar thread so i hope this isnt repetaed.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Besides the marquee (skype, netflix, temple run, draw something), they should focus on making their native experience better. How about a native note pad app, zoom in capabilities with the video camera, organize bookmarks, folder within a folder, etc. Also the error messages on the appworld make no sense (ie. Error 0002, wtf does that mean :S) They should work on fixing all these little things before going more into apps and games imo.
    I'm neither a fanboy nor a hater. Just someone who loves quality products.

Bold 9000 (Old School) + PlayBook 16 GB + iPod Touch 8GB (for the haters)
    CrackBerry Addict

BT game controller
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

I'm looking forward to the dev beta of 2.1 later this month.

a good bit of issues should be fixed along new goodness to make my table that much better. It's gonna fun watching my playbook slowly morph into BlackBerry 10.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry User

Here's a condensed list of the apps I use the most.
    Angry Birds (pick one), Battery Guru, Blackberry Bridge, Canadas Got Talent, Crackberry, Facebook, File Manager, Kobo Books, Nobex Radio, Slacker Radio, Blackberry News App, Print To Go, Poynt, Today's Alarm Clock, Zinio. There are many more that I use but those get the most usage lately. I've had mine for 11 months. It did what I wanted it for when I bought it last June and it did it very well. It does them even better now. And will only get better. Abso frigging lutely love this thing with no complaints!
    Thanked by:
    Talon88 (05-04-2012) 
    bbfan1040, zma15 and posadajulian like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

File Commander, EPUB Reader, GeeReader, News360, Remoku, Scrapbook and the browser.

I use those a lot...got games...not much of a gamer.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Main Desktop http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/3960066
    4 GHz Overclock Club http://www.overclock.net/t/525748/4-...#post_16219738
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    posadajulian likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by posadajulian View Post
    Hey guys, i goy my playbook some days ago and i really really love it, but i really havent had the time to go deeper into what apps, games or accesories are some serious must haves, so i would really appreciate if you all could help me out building a list.

Just mention any native apps, sideloads, games, accesories or anything you might think about that no one should be missing.

I wasnt able to find a similar thread so i hope this isnt repetaed.

Thanks!
    My most used apps are
    Groovy Notes, rapidly being replaced with
    DiaryPro. DiaryPro is amazing I just started using it this week.
    Idea Organizer - great for notes and by the same peeps who made DiaryPro
    Browser - from which I access Facebook
    Poynt
    Video - use every day
    Weather Eye (awesome app)
    Angry Birds - all of them
    NYT Crosswords
    Files and Folders (best)
    My File Manager
    Today's alarm clock
    Calculator
    Calendar and Messages App (don't really count those as they are there anyway)
    WordPress
    Majhong Legends
    Majhong for Playbook
    Monopoly
    JotIt
    Gee Reader Pro - although I can't share articles as easily as I'd hoped
    Docs to Go
    Book Reader
    Kobo Books
    Search Buttons
    Tetris
    Runaway Trains
    Cut the Rope
    Bejeweled
    Bluebox
    TweetBook
    Battery Guru
    Scroodle
    Adobe Reader (native but limited)
    Crackberry
    App World - I visit it every day (almost).

I have a few other games I play from time to time (like Dead Space) and word games. I am deleting the useless Evernote as it does not work with OS2 - still.
    I also have Conqu, but somehow don't really use it much any more. Most of my tasks are on my BB and I use RexWireless ToDo Matrix which synchs to my calendar. I don't miss tasks or memo on the playbook at all and I turned of the email. And I live my live by my tasks.

Wow, that's a long list...and i am sure there are other things that could be on it.
    Hope it helps you.
    Thanked by 2:
    hopeforfx (05-07-2012),  posadajulian (05-07-2012) 
    Innovatology and posadajulian like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

1. BlackBerry Smartphone- HANDS DOWN the best accessory for the PlayBook
    2. Some sort of OEM case, I know some people like other brands like Targus, which by the way is really nice too, but I think RIMs OEM collection of cases is quite nice
    3. Asphalt 6
    4. Modern Combat 2
    5. Dead Space (You NEED to see the graphics on this thing, it's worth the price just to LOOK at, this is definitely the best looking game on the PlayBook)
    6. QFolio- Easily one of the best stocks apps out there, it displays information in real time
    7. Medscape- Sideloaded app and if you're into medicine, health care information, drug information, check for interactions between medications, etc, this is the ultimate app for that.
    8. GeeReader Pro/NewsPile- Both of these are excellent RSS readers that can sync with Google Reader. I personally use GeeReader Pro but I have tested NewsPile and it definitely has a pretty nice user interface.
    9. Kindle- Sideloaded, great if you want to read books, although I personally use Kobo, that is also an excellent choice.
    10. Micro HDMI Cable
    11. Zinio- Digital Magazine app for the PlayBook, works pretty well some nice features are included.
    12. SRT Player, great application if you have videos/movies that have subtitles with the SRT file. I watched a video with the .MKV container and it worked beautifully with the subtitles, no lag or delay.
    13. Battery Guru, of course for us battery obsessive folk this is a great app.

Of course there are many great apps out there, especially some pretty nifty games like cut the rope, Angry Birds Space is actually quite a lot more fun than the last three previous titles. Overall there are quite a good amount of good applications that can appeal to a wide range of users in App World, I just listed the basic ones which I think a lot of users might find helpful. Of course App World has some nice apps tailored specifically for one niche, such as Wordpress, it's great to know that App World is consistently receiving more apps, dare I say the "Top Paid" apps section is starting to look like a mirror of the iOS and Android versions I've seen great apps, and I've seen really bad apps (Thankfully not too many of those). Hopefully RIM will maintain a high standard of quality within App World, instead of not deciding which app to use based on the amount that are available, I'd like to see people not be able to make a decision on one app because of the many other high quality alternatives out there, to me that is what would make BlackBerry App World stand out.
    Thanked by:
    posadajulian (05-07-2012) 
    posadajulian likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

Charging dock stand. Must have. Mine lives on there when not in use. So it is always on. Haven't used the power button in 3 months

Around $40 on Amazon.
  10. JNM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

How do people get such long lists of applications that are "most used" on their devices? The supposed "most used" lists of applications I see are longer than the list off all of the applications I have downloaded.

Anyway, if I buy a Playbook when the 4G version becomes available, I will have a dock, a very minimalist case, and maybe a battery charger in the event of a longer weekend away. If I need any more than that I am buying another laptop instead.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Already using some of the apps or accesories you have mentioned guys, and have to say purchased Dead Space the first day just to see if it looked as good as people said, and damn it does.

Any more suggestions??!!

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by JNM View Post
    How do people get such long lists of applications that are "most used" on their devices? The supposed "most used" lists of applications I see are longer than the list off all of the applications I have downloaded.

Anyway, if I buy a Playbook when the 4G version becomes available, I will have a dock, a very minimalist case, and maybe a battery charger in the event of a longer weekend away. If I need any more than that I am buying another laptop instead.
    Wait till you see the "all applications" list on some of my friend's PlayBook's
    CrackBerry User

My most used apps: Evernote, Do (also a note taking app, but works offline), Bluebox (dropbox client), GeeReader (for Google Reader), Wikipedia and QFolio
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    PIN
    292AF535

All of the Sideloadable Classic console Emulators. Gameboy Advanced, Gambeboy Color, Megadrive/Genesis SNES, NES, and now even Playstation 1.

Nobody has failed to be fascinated by me having Mario All Stars, all the classic Sonics, Streets of Rage, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Leaf Green, Mario Kart... a couple of iPad users even sulked that they couldnt do that on their iPads.

For Apps that people may overlook

Corkboard
    Vault
    Box
    Conqu
    Navita
    Zinio
    Crackberry
    Nobex Radio
    Picshop
    Amazon.com
    eBay.com
    Wikipedia
    Hello Note
    Bed Buzz

As a Physics Student ive also found use for
    Student Notes,
    FormulaeBank
    Cheat Sheet

and of course Games... I'll ignore the obvious ones everyone should have by now such as Modern Combat

Starfront - Collision
    Angry Birds
    Uno
    Great Little War Game
    Frisbee Forever
    Run In Crowd
    Konas crate
    Air Attack
    RuniK
    PewPew
    Burn The City

And as a side note. there are a series of FREE interactive puzzle comics out, the Many Adventures or Reemus. i highly recommend these, fun, not overly difficult but can be a little taxing. and good for killing a bit of time.
    posadajulian likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Travel Charger (magnetic one), real leather Journal Case ($19.95 @ Staples), and Rocketfish Stylus.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier

Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

HeartsDeluxe by Softick...one of the best "hearts" games out there....if only the issue of the constant freezing of the android player could be resolved.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by tripleali View Post
    Besides the marquee (skype, netflix, temple run, draw something), they should focus on making their native experience better. How about a native note pad app, zoom in capabilities with the video camera, organize bookmarks, folder within a folder, etc. Also the error messages on the appworld make no sense (ie. Error 0002, wtf does that mean :S) They should work on fixing all these little things before going more into apps and games imo.
    Wrong answer to the question asked.
    You don't have to be mad to come here, but it helps.
    CrackBerry Addict

How about a laser attachment, that would be wicked!
    Ain't no rocket scientists in the fire hall
    9500 > 9550 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900

32g Playbook + 16g Playbook + 64g Playbook
    CrackBerry User

instant messengers with integrated video chat ( for example aim )
    ARGGGG IM AN ONLINE PIRATE!
    CrackBerry Addict

a .3gp player or something that will allow me to stream video from my phone to the PB
    raymond likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Lol you guys ruined the seriousnees on this post
    CrackBerry User

25foot MicroHDMI to HDMI cable($17) w/ Tablet TV app(free). Stream your favorite TV shows directly to your TV. I dropped my cable TV bill from $140mo to $35mo. Works great.