I've had my own playbook since last year. I just bought a new playbook for my son 2 days ago. I downloaded it to my current BBID. What is the easiest way to download all my music, apps, videos, and pictures to the new playbook?

Will having 2 playbooks on my 1 BBID cause any problems?
    05-23-12 04:27 PM
    If your music, videos and pics are on your PC, you could just transfer them to the new PB by USB or Wifi, for apps you could make a back up of your current Playbook with Desktop manager and then use the restore function with the new PB (you can do that too for your media files), or you could download them from appworld again, the time for these methods will largely depend on how many apps you have, how big those apps are and how fast your internet connection is, the back up function is kinda slow but it could be faster than downloading them again if your internet connection isn't adecuate.

As for using the same BBID on two PBs, the only drawback i can think of is that you won't be able to videochat among them.
    05-23-12 04:38 PM
    You are mostly right PanaSama.

Berryblueballs will be able to video chat as the bbid has nothing to do with that. For video chat, the important thing is the Playbook (unique) PIN code.
    05-23-12 05:03 PM

As for using the same BBID on two PBs, the only drawback i can think of is that you won't be able to videochat among them.

But if I didn't use the same BBID, I wouldn't be able to get all my paid apps, correct?

also with the Media sync, I'm using the iTunes Sync App, so I'm assuming I can just use that for my other playbook after I put the iTunes app on Playbook #2.

Thank you for the reply. It helped a lot
    05-23-12 05:18 PM
    Wait...the video chat doesn't call via pin it calls the email associated with the bbid so it would seem you cannot video chat between the two PlayBooks.

Could you perhaps try it and let us know what happened?

Edit � referencehttp://forums.crackberry.com/archive...?t-708949.html
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 05-23-12 at 06:25 PM.
    05-23-12 06:19 PM
    05-23-12 06:26 PM
    Two Playbooks with the same BBID can video chat via PIN *if they're on different wi-fi networks*. If they're on the same wi-fi network, no video chat.

I tested the latter case (one BBID, same wi-fi network) and someone else on Crackberry was able to test the other case for me.
    05-23-12 06:27 PM
    I have 2 Playbook with same I'd same wi fi. Different e-mail. Accounts and can sporadically chat or use one playbook for surveillance. It usually doesn't work right off . Takes me several attempts to connect,it can be done.
    05-23-12 06:47 PM
    I have 2 Playbook with same I'd same wi fi. Different e-mail. Accounts and can sporadically chat or use one playbook for surveillance. It usually doesn't work right off . Takes me several attempts to connect,it can be done.
    Huh? You have "Different e-mail" and therefore different BBID's.

2 Playbooks:

1. 2 BBID's, different wi-fi, works
    2. 2 BBID's, same wi-fi, works
    3. 1 BBID, different wi-fi, works
    4. 1 BBID, same wi-fi, doesn't work
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    05-23-12 08:53 PM
    I dont understand what I am doing, I can tell you right now,I have 2 playbooks with the same I.D. as reconised by being able to share downloads from app world.I use [email protected] and [email protected] I "EDIT" the e-mail address in the blackberry I.D. on the 16G pbk to a different one of the two. [email protected] is the predominant one that comes back after a re-boot?? I enter [email protected] log in and submit to blackberry,they send me an e-mail telling me where to go to log in and have this permanent. I think this is where it catches up to you and reverts you back to the predominant e-mail address . I didnt think what im saying would work either. i have just stumbled into this.I do LOVE being able to do this and would like to make it easier to do .It works for me ,Im on my home P.C. with the 64 G plbk beside on Video chat and the 16G plbk in the front window on video chat and can see and hear everything in realtime in front of my house. I use my one home frontier wi-fi connecting everything.I know im not very good at gettin my point across and sorry for the long rant while the two e-mail adresses show up I can hook-up both of my playbooks to talk to one another in the house over a single wi-fi
    05-24-12 01:54 PM
    I was in the same boat when I bought a second playbook for my wife. I set it up with the same BBID to be able to give her the paid apps (which was fine) but unfortunately I did not know about the video chat issues. Since we do use the chat, I ended up wiping it and re-installing with a different BBID.
    Although the other posters seem to know more than I do on the subject (same wi-fi network, etc...), all I can say is that it really did not work well until we used separate BBIDs. Sometimes it would connect, other times it would not, or it would just randomly drop; this made it pretty much unusable.
    Works perfectly now. The downside is that my wife had to re-purchase the few games she wanted that I already had. Oh well, can't win em' all.
    05-24-12 02:09 PM
    I am wanting to wipe the wifes 16 G shes worked her way -up in Angry Birds and dont want to lose the progress so I will live with the way things are now.Im lookin for an any excuse. I have bought my daughter and new granddaughter a playbook and the chat thing is workin out real well.my daughter says she has a hard time keeping the playbook from my son-in-law.
    05-24-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD