Fresh install, no contacts, no email, no facebook nothing and I mean nothing installed on this fresh install of 2.0 except the following
    Air browser-501kb
    Asphalt 6 -516 mb
    Modern Combat- 400mb
    Need for speed- 291 mb
    Star front 551 mb
    Should be 1.8 gigs let's say 2 gigs
    However after the fresh install 12.3 gigs avail after the install of only these apps I have only 7.7 gigs available. Sup with that? I have tried 3 fresh installs in a row and get the same result. Call me clueless what can I say!
    03-03-12 06:50 PM
    Have you tried restarting it since installing those apps? rather then doing a whole re install of everything?
    Usually solves my storage issues.
    03-03-12 06:54 PM
    Have you tried restarting it since installing those apps? rather then doing a whole re install of everything?
    Usually solves my storage issues.
    Yes infact on my last install I restarted after each individual install. Crazy thing is as I uninstall each app it uninstalls the amount of data it should as if everything is normal but those extra 2 gigs are still used up. It almost appears as if its installing the apps x2 but uninstalls only 1 copy. Its really weird,
    Thanks
    03-03-12 07:07 PM
    Bar files are compressed to reduce download size, therefore App World file sizes represents compressed size. Files are expanded when installed and therefore take up more space.
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-03-12 07:11 PM
    Don't get me wrong I appreciate the input but then why would it be that when the apps are uninstalled there is only just over 10 gigs avail and not the 12.3 that I had originally? Where did the other 2 gigs go ?
    Bar files are compressed to reduce download size, therefore App World file sizes represents compressed size. Files are expanded when installed and therefore take up more space.
    03-03-12 07:21 PM
    Have you given it some time to see if the space is returned to free? I vaguely remember a post saying the OS temporarily reserves more memory then needed after installing apps. I may be wrong, just thought I would mention.
    03-03-12 07:32 PM
    You don't actually get the stated GB in actual space on any drive due to the difference in manufacturers math. See this link for a better explanation Gigabyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Go down to Consumer Confusion
    03-03-12 07:36 PM
    Yes I am ware of this. Unfortunately this is not the issue. But thanks
    You don't actually get the stated GB in actual space on any drive due to the difference in manufacturers math. See this link for a better explanation Gigabyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Go down to Consumer Confusion
    03-03-12 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD