Sorry maty your not correct on this one. I have two, my daughter uses one, both on my account. When you want video chat it latches on to the BBID and wont work.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know.
    He is partially correct. You can use 2 pb's to video chat using the same bbid but it only works in certain situations. If you search for Video chat on the forums, you'll find it.
    01-02-13 12:57 PM
    But you do have to purchase apps for both PBs, right?
    Nope. You only purchase the application one-time per BlackBerry ID.
    01-02-13 01:01 PM
    Do you know this as a fact or are you just speculating?
    The video chat application 'add contact' form clearly states BlackBerry ID (email address) or BlackBerry device PIN.
    01-02-13 01:05 PM
    The video chat application 'add contact' form clearly states BlackBerry ID (email address) or BlackBerry device PIN.
    Your right, but, I have two pb's both set to use the PIN yet when using Video Chat the BBID is transmitted not the PIN. This stop's me from using Video Chat between my PB's.
    01-02-13 01:13 PM
    No. You buy the apps only once. Then you install the same app on both PB.
    Now thats how to answer a simple question.
    01-02-13 01:18 PM
    Sorry maty your not correct on this one. I have two, my daughter uses one, both on my account. When you want video chat it latches on to the BBID and wont work.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know.
    There isn't a solution I'm afraid. I'm sure someone would have posted one by now if there was.

With multiple PBs it boils down to a simple choice: either share Apps (use same BBID) or Video Chat (use different BBID).

The "it works if you use PB PIN" suggestion comes up quite regularly on these forums. As does the "it works if the PBs are on different WiFi networks". However, neither "solution" works when actually tried. But, I can guaran-damn-tee that both "solutions" will be posted here again before many more days have passed.

BTW, the confusingly worded RIM knowledgebase article doesn't mean what it apparently says. The only limit is on the number of PBs (five) you can associate with the same BBID and use with AppWorld. In our house we've been switching between our PBs for the last 18-months when getting the same Apps from AppWorld. We must have switched the "active" PB hundreds of times by now. The "5 switches" limit is the number of devices you can associate, not the number of times you can switch between those (up to 5) devices.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-13 01:20 PM
    Yes, it does say that doesn't it.

Still doesn't work though... whichever one you use.
    01-02-13 01:24 PM
    Nope. You only purchase the application one-time per BlackBerry ID.
    And, to clarify that further, the App you've purchased on one PB will appear under the installed tab of that PB and the uninstalled tab of all the other PBs that share the BBID. Just hit the "reinstall" button on those other PBs.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-13 01:35 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD