Hey,

Just wondering as I have purchased another playbook since they have put them on sale, if I am able to use the same ID for both devices and have access to all my purchased apps?

Thanks

Keith
    10-07-11 08:29 AM
    Keith, see the Knowledge Base article below. It appears to have what you are looking for as it references multiple PlayBooks with same BBID. It doesn't actually answer if you can use the same apps on 2 different machines. I'm going to have the same questions myself.

KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices
    Last edited by slotime; 10-07-11 at 09:09 AM. Reason: remove double content
    10-07-11 09:09 AM
    I did a full back up of my 16gig device and was able to completely transfer all files to my new 32gig...wallpaper and all.
    10-07-11 11:19 AM
    i recently bought a second playbook my wife and i could both have one.
    i wanted to setup the new one before i cleared the older one for my wife.
    when i setup the second and entered my BBID into it,
    it asked if i wanted to transfer my account to the new one.
    When i selected yes, i know that appworld on the old one stopped working.
    So I believe the answer is no, you can not have the same ID on 2 playbooks.
    My experience if it helps.
    10-07-11 11:32 AM
    Expected behaviors when a BlackBerry ID is associated to multiple devices of the same product lines (Example: Same BlackBerry ID used on 2 PlayBooks or 2 smartphones):

Here is what KB28543 says...

"When going into My World to download or purchase an application, change payment information, or manage the account details, a prompt to change the PIN associated to the account will be presented each time another device with the same BlackBerry ID attempts to connect*to the BlackBerry App World account
    Note: There is a maximum of 5 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year."

My reading of this is you can have 2 pb's with the same BB ID but only one of the PB's can access Appworld at a single moment. You can switch which device has access to Appworld by entering that device's pin # when logging into Appworld... but you can only "switch" like that 5 times in a year. Soooo... probably a better idea is to set up 2 different BB ID's, one for each PB. Clearly they anticipated that most people would want to use the same BB ID on their phone as on their PB... but not with multiple phones or multiple tablets. Seems like a good approach to me.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-07-11 12:28 PM
    I have two PB with the same ID with the same apps on both. The only issue is when you use App world it will ask if you want to switch the PB bin association to the account. Then when you open the other it will prompt there and back on the other and vice versa. So only in app world will you get a prompt. Other than that no issues. I have had two since June.

Opps correction you will also not be able to video chat with the other because both PB are associated with the same ID
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-07-11 02:25 PM
    Expected behaviors when a BlackBerry ID is associated to multiple devices of the same product lines (Example: Same BlackBerry ID used on 2 PlayBooks or 2 smartphones):

"When going into My World to download or purchase an application, change payment information, or manage the account details, a prompt to change the PIN associated to the account will be presented each time another device with the same BlackBerry ID attempts to connect*to the BlackBerry App World account
    Note: There is a maximum of 5 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year."

My reading of this is you can have 2 pb's with the same BB ID but only one of the PB's can access Appworld at a single moment. You can switch which device has access to Appworld by entering that device's pin # when logging into Appworld... but you can only "switch" like that 5 times in a year. Soooo... probably a better idea is to set up 2 different BB ID's, one for each PB. Clearly they anticipated that most people would want to use the same BB ID on their phone as on their PB... but not with multiple phones or multiple tablets. Seems like a good approach to me.
    I think the 5 times a year is a scare tatics. I have done that 50 times easily
    So as long as you only are switching between 2 you should be fine
    Last edited by szparaj; 10-07-11 at 02:28 PM.
    ordigas likes this.
    10-07-11 02:26 PM
    ok so when they say "5 unique device swaps per product per year", they must mean 5 different playbooks, not 5 swaps between only 2 devices.
    10-07-11 03:00 PM
    ok so when they say "5 unique device swaps per product per year", they must mean 5 different playbooks, not 5 swaps between only 2 devices.
    I think so, which is pretty reasonable
    10-07-11 06:12 PM
    Does anyone knows if this has changed with OS 2.0?

I see that within the PlayBook settings there's a new section called "BlackBerry ID" where apparently one can modify the ID linked with the device. But I don't know if that's the case.

Has anyone tried it?
    02-22-12 12:25 AM
    i would suggest not to. if its anything like BB phones, your emails will get disconnected every time you use the other device.
    ordigas likes this.
    02-22-12 12:31 AM
    Keith, see the Knowledge Base article below. It appears to have what you are looking for as it references multiple PlayBooks with same BBID. It doesn't actually answer if you can use the same apps on 2 different machines. I'm going to have the same questions myself.

KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices
    This link now states:

BlackBerry App World
    When going into My World to download or purchase an application, change payment information, or manage the account details, a prompt to change the PIN associated to the account will be presented each time another device with the same BlackBerry ID attempts to connect to the BlackBerry App World account
    Note: There is a maximum of 15 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year. Contact your service provider if you have reached the maximum number of device swaps in error.

OK, so you can use 15 unique devices on one ID but you would still have to purchase apps for each device, right?

I want to put Remoku on my new 64GB and have it on the 16GB.

By that I mean, I should transfer my account to the 64GB and then purchase Remoku for the 16GB, right.

I plan to wipe the 16 after transferring everything to the 64. Then my wife can customize it how she likes.

To transfer it all don't I use desktop and back it up, then copy it to the new 64GB, then wipe the 16GB and proceed from there to install apps etc on the 16?
    04-17-12 08:44 PM
    You can use the same BlackBerry ID with mutiple BlackBerry PlayBooks with the caveat that you will be prompted to change the PIN associated with the BBID each time you access BlackBerry AppWorld with the currently non-associated PIN. I have done this numerous times with my two BlackBerry PlayBooks.
    04-18-12 12:58 AM
    But you do have to purchase apps for both PBs, right?
    04-18-12 02:04 AM
    No. You buy the apps only once. Then you install the same app on both PB.
    madman0141 likes this.
    04-18-12 02:07 AM
    This is really just confirming what others have said.

Both my wife and I have PlayBooks. My wife does have her own BB ID (Uses it for her Bold) which she was using on the PlayBook. But, my lovely wife, likes to sit on her wallet. I however, do not. Thus, I have WAY more applications on my PlayBook then she did. So after doing some reading, we wiped her PB. Then she logged in with my BB ID. All she had to do was go into App World and just "reinstall" whatever apps she wanted that I had already downloaded. No extra charges or payments for apps that I paid for. Free ones wouldn't matter.

Each time now that I go into App World, and my wife has been in there. I get asked if I want to associate my PlayBooks PIN with App World. Simply say yes, and I'm in. My wife hasn't said anything, but I would assume she gets asked the same question when she goes into download another "free" application.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-18-12 08:41 AM
    Hey RicZoh is this method you've used still working??
    I just managed to get myself another PlayBook and I would love to use my BBID rather than create a new one!!

Thanks in advance!
    01-02-13 05:32 AM
    I am actually now using 4 play books in my house with the same bbid. The only issue is video chatting
    01-02-13 05:51 AM

Yep. You are the only person to accurately answer the OP's question.
    01-02-13 07:01 AM
    I am actually now using 4 play books in my house with the same bbid. The only issue is video chatting
    The BlackBerry PlayBooks should be able to video chat if each person uses the device PIN rather than the BlackBerry ID.
    01-02-13 07:05 AM
    The BlackBerry PlayBooks should be able to video chat if each person uses the device PIN rather than the BlackBerry ID.
    Do you know this as a fact or are you just speculating?

The only time I got the video chat to work using pin was on the os version that was release for a short time before it got pulled by RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 11:29 AM
    That is true, with the exception of when the two PBs are registered under the same BBID. I've tested it thoroughly.
    01-02-13 11:37 AM
    Correct, wish Rim would change it. It's rather annoying and cripples it for no real reason. No person in their right mind would have separate BBID's and pay for apps twice when owning more than one playbook in a household.
    01-02-13 12:38 PM
    Sorry maty your not correct on this one. I have two, my daughter uses one, both on my account. When you want video chat it latches on to the BBID and wont work.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know.
    01-02-13 12:46 PM
    I have 2 pb's on the same account and the only thing I get prompted with is if I want to allow that device on app world. I've been doing this for over a year with no issue. If you go to install an app you purchased on another pb, you may have to go thru the motions of doing the purchase but in the end it will give you an error saying you already bought the app.
    01-02-13 12:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD