Does anyone here happen to know if current apps running on 2.1 will work on 10? I would hate to loose them after upgrading to 10 in the future. Spent a whack of money for them. Noticing some new apps on App World requiring 10.0.0 or higher.
    11-10-12 05:25 AM
    don't worry, as there will never be a BB10 on Playbook, you don't have to rebuy your stuff >

I just don't really think that they will release a BB10 for the Playbook.

But yes, I thought also about this, IF, would the apps be still working or would they need an update/upgrade and how much...
    11-10-12 06:02 AM
    Could you give us an example of app anouncing 10.0.0 in app world?

What I can say is

- RIM announced a number of times that indeed 10 will be available for Playbooks, only after the phones launch, there is a number of threads here on this with lots of refs to RIM announcements etc.

- many app developers are currently working on ports for 10 (I personally know some of them), so there will be differences, maybe only improvements

- I don't know about the compatibility; of course like most of us I expect some, would it be in a 'minimalist' setup.
    Also, I am relatively confident, because indeed the objective for RIM will be to announce the actual existence of a bunch of already available apps upon 10 launch, a bit like Apple did when they started the iPad: they had all iPod touch apps available in an "enlarged" mode to start with. That's almost exactly what I expect here.
    11-10-12 07:31 AM
    don't worry, as there will never be a BB10 on Playbook, you don't have to rebuy your stuff >

But yes, I thought also about this, IF, would the apps be still working or would they need an update/upgrade and how much...
    Rim has already stated that BB10 update will come to PB.
    Zildjian71 and bbfan1040 like this.
    11-10-12 07:42 AM
    Rim has already stated that BB10 update will come to PB.
    the next time I will put irony/sarcasm tags in my post.

I'm aware what RIM anounced but I'm very sceptical what they deliver. And when.

11-10-12 07:59 AM
    BB10 will run 1.xxxx and 2.xxxxx apps, but these aren't running BB10 apps.

And yes BB10, will be available for the PB, right after the phones come out, according to RIM's callendar!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-10-12 08:15 AM
    Sorry bold, but i didnt read your 2nd post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-10-12 08:17 AM
    Most apps should run without a problem. There may be a few that might need a change our two, as some APIs may have been changed, but that should be a simple convert and recompile, and update.
    11-10-12 08:41 AM

RIM has stated plenty of times that the PlayBook will get BB10. They even repoted that the beta will be launched ahead of schedule, so please, don't post about stuff you're not familiar with. Spreading misinformation does no one any good.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-10-12 04:26 PM
    Does anyone here happen to know if current apps running on 2.1 will work on 10? I would hate to loose them after upgrading to 10 in the future. Spent a whack of money for them. Noticing some new apps on App World requiring 10.0.0 or higher.
    How much is a whack of money? I've only spent a large chunk of money...
    11-10-12 05:41 PM
    the next time I will put irony/sarcasm tags in my post.

I'm aware what RIM anounced but I'm very sceptical what they deliver. And when.

I am sceptical of your scepticism. You say you are sceptical but I am not convinced. How can we be sure that when BB10 becomes available for PB you won't just install and run it anyways? You can believe BB10 will never come for the PB and that is your prerogative. All it means is that your believe is incorrect.
    11-10-12 06:08 PM