I just have a quick question, does bb playbook 2.1.0.840 fix the problem where android apps won't open on the playbook? Everything else is fine for me, it's just that one problem, so does it?
    09-03-12 01:21 PM
    What problem? Do you have a problem that all android apps won't open, or that some android apps won't open. If all of your android apps won't open, then it might fix the problem. If some sideloaded android apps won't open, then no it won't.
    09-03-12 01:25 PM
    any android app in the app world wont open, but all other apps that arent on the android runtime will,
    ex. dolphin browser for bb playbook is a android based app, i tap the icon and nothing happens, im still at the homescreen.
    the facebook app is based off another runtime, and it opens fine and works.
    09-03-12 01:37 PM
    Never had the problem, with 840 or before it... sounds like your android player is corrupted, a wipe and install should fix it, doesn't matter which version you install... but I would recommend 840 though
    09-03-12 02:02 PM
    I get this with security wipe on 2.1.0.840....Is a bugger to sort. Back it up, security wipe and re-install 2.1.0.840.Then restore your backup
    09-03-12 02:05 PM
    I've been running .840 almost since first release. The one issue I've noticed since then is that my mini keyboard doesn't connect any more. Bit of a pain but I'm living with it because all the other improvements are well worth the short term keyboard pain..
    09-03-12 02:58 PM
    I get this with security wipe on 2.1.0.840....Is a bugger to sort. Back it up, security wipe and re-install 2.1.0.840.Then restore your backup
    I had this same issue and a wipe didn't fix it. I had to wipe with cfp and then write an older os with cfp and then whitelist and update to 2.1 again. It was a pita but PlayBook works great now.

OP...you need to wipe.
    09-03-12 04:03 PM
    I had this same issue and a wipe didn't fix it. I had to wipe with cfp and then write an older os with cfp and then whitelist and update to 2.1 again. It was a pita but PlayBook works great now.

OP...you need to wipe.
    Just remember, most plumbers recommend one-ply toilet paper for septic systems.

Sorry guys, just couldn't resist!
    tinker2000 and snarlybear like this.
    09-03-12 04:36 PM
    thanks for all the replies, just went from .530 to .840 and the android is working fine! thanks everyone
    09-03-12 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD