Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2.1.0.1088 OS update for UK Playbook 3G+ ?

My Playbook 3G+ has arrived, so I did the usual thing of a full backup of my current PB64, and then a restore to the 3G+.

Except, it fails, because the 3G+ has some ancient version of the OS on it (2.0.something) and the more recent backup won't work

I see that the Rogers LTE Playbooks have the proper version of 2.1 for them, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to get that onto a UK spec 3G+?

It's not carrier locked or a carrier supplied unit - it came straight from RIM, via Misco.

Manually adding in all the various settings is out of the question - I do a lot of consulting for different clients, and I've got 8 different VPN configs alone.

The Desktop Manager resolutely refuses to accept that there is any OS update, and I don't think loading a normal PB's debrick image will work, because of the extra 3G/SIM functionality.

Any ideas how to get 2.1.0.1088 on there?

Cheers,
    TOM
    CrackBerry User

Hi Tom as fellow 3G user wonder did you or does anybody know how to get os2.1 on?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Hi me too had same problem first I used o2 then succeeded with Vodafone sim and three sim once you any these two immediately you see there is update for 2.1.0.1088 that's it no further updates still I could not find any updates about 2.1.0.1526 hope it helps you.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    tomkranz (04-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks funnhome, I've just plugged in a new Vodafone micro-sim (you can get them sent through free from their website), powered on the Playbook, and once it had booted was greeted with the 2.1.0.1088 upgrade prompt. I'm just restoring the data from my 64GB Playbook now - seems to be working a treat.

Just to confirm as well - you don't need to register the Vodafone SIM, or add any data allowance or anything. Just the fact that it's present and registers with the Vodafone network seems to be enough to trigger the update.

Cheers,
    TOM