With all these listed bugs even tho' back from road trip, still ignoring the update notice on the upper header bar and pop-up !!

imho
    Remember, for every bug you see posted there are hundreds of Playbook users that aren't having problems.
    10-15-12 06:46 AM
    Sorry I don�t know if it was already posted (37 pages is quite a lot to go through).

After update I have serious problem with my Camera app, I cannot take pictures at all (actually, there is only black screen with control buttons around, but the image is missing). Before update my Camera app worked just fine My only luck is, that I am not using Camera very often (almost never).

I also lost calendar data and now I cannot add any new appointment in calendar. It is completely unbeliaveble that after all this time RIM took to release new OS version, they were able to release OS wchich can erase calendar data from the device. Well, thats life, what can I do. I know from the forum that I am not the only one.

I have also a problem with writing on PB, but it is quite hard to describe (english is not my native language it. For example, when I have written something in the forum using my PB and I want to paste some text from clipboard I touch the screen for a bit longer to see menu and possibility of Paste. But at the same time as I touch the screen my last written word is higlighted and when I paste the text from clipboard, it replaces my last written word. I tried to move the cursor to the end, but it did not help.
    10-15-12 06:51 AM
    Sorry I don�t know if it was already posted (37 pages is quite a lot to go through).

After update I have serious problem with my Camera app, I cannot take pictures at all (actually, there is only black screen with control buttons around, but the image is missing). Before update my Camera app worked just fine My only luck is, that I am not using Camera very often (almost never).

I also lost calendar data and now I cannot add any new appointment in calendar. It is completely unbeliaveble that after all this time RIM took to release new OS version, they were able to release OS wchich can erase calendar data from the device. Well, thats life, what can I do. I know from the forum that I am not the only one.

I have also a problem with writing on PB, but it is quite hard to describe (english is not my native language it. For example, when I have written something in the forum using my PB and I want to paste some text from clipboard I touch the screen for a bit longer to see menu and possibility of Paste. But at the same time as I touch the screen my last written word is higlighted and when I paste the text from clipboard, it replaces my last written word. I tried to move the cursor to the end, but it did not help.
    A wipe or debrick may take care of your camera and it may not. Calendar issue, yep it bites. I've also had the same issues with the copy and paste. Hope they can put out another update before half a year goes by to address these things.
    10-15-12 07:12 AM
    A wipe or debrick may take care of your camera and it may not. Calendar issue, yep it bites. I've also had the same issues with the copy and paste. Hope they can put out another update before half a year goes by to address these things.
    Yeah, I will maybe try it, but I have to say, that for me it is the last option and I hope that RIM is not thinking that we are some sort of betatesters who will wipe and debrick their devices everytime something is brokem a little bit. I have to say that this really annoys me, because I want to spend my time with something more interesting than doing experiments with device I payed 650 USD for (yes I was one of the people who boght PB as soon as it was available a year ago).

I really love my BB phone, but concerning PB I have to say that I started to look more for info about iPad mini availability and price. In my opinion, nobody should care about what hardware or what functions and possibilities all these devices have, but more about how these devices actually works. And this is where iDevices are succesful. They JUST WORK At least from what I have heard from my friends, because I do not have any iDevice
    Last edited by msyogota; 10-15-12 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    10-15-12 09:02 AM
    I have the same issue, the wipe didn't work going to try the debrick next...
    rexrim likes this.
    10-15-12 05:23 PM
    ANYBODY who is buying a device like the PB is a beta tester. If everything released to the public was flawless, there would be no forums as this or tech support in general.
    10-15-12 05:38 PM
    ANYBODY who is buying a device like the PB is a beta tester. If everything released to the public was flawless, there would be no forums as this or tech support in general.
    Wrong, you can say that about a new product but the pb is not new. While I still love the little thing it shouldn't still have the issues it does a year and and a half later. They get really annoying at times and that shows up on here.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-12 05:48 PM
    I'm curious, can you name a single product that is used by a large number of people that does not have a forum of some kind? I'm sure there is some kind of forum for toilet paper at this point...
    10-15-12 06:15 PM
    Haven't seen this one anywhere yet: bridge BBM won't stay open when I open another app. When I either open an app or switch to one that was already running, BBM will just close itself. Pain in the arse. Happening to anyone else?
    So the PB has been running not bad, but not too smoothly, either. I did a full OS reload and restore (from a two-week-old backup, 'cos tonight's backup attempt failed, so something was obviously broke). Anyway, long story short, the thing does seem to be running better, but bridge BBM still closes itself when it's in the background/minimized. This only seems to be happening with BBM; all the other bridge apps stay open just fine.

Nobody else having this problem?

And hey mods -- any chance of making this thread a sticky??
    10-15-12 06:43 PM
    I upgraded my PlayBook to 2.1.0.1032. The upgrade itself was pretty smooth. However post that I noticed that my Microsoft Exchange activesync email (work) email stopped syncing. Besides I also lost my contacts and calendar entries from Microsoft Exchange email. I did a security wipe but this also haven't solved the problem. The whole email, calendar and contact thing has become unstable. Any one has a fix for this?
    10-15-12 09:57 PM
    My ActiveSync to our Corporate mail no longer works. I know of several other people across my organization that have the same issue. This is the updates best kept secret as I can't find any other posts on this.

Anyone else encounter this? I've deleted the account and try to recreate the activesync account and it constantly gives me "The settings for your account are incorrect. Change your settings and try again". I've checked with our mail admin and the settings are correct and work with Android, IOS etc...

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Todd
    10-16-12 08:08 AM

I also lost calendar data and now I cannot add any new appointment in calendar.
    I noticed that my Microsoft Exchange activesync email (work) email stopped syncing. Besides I also lost my contacts and calendar entries from Microsoft Exchange email. I did a security wipe but this also haven't solved the problem. The whole email, calendar and contact thing has become unstable. Any one has a fix for this?
    My ActiveSync to our Corporate mail no longer works.
    Better overview about such issues here

SUMMARY of issues...

... few of them with hints how to improve. HTH.

Ray
    10-16-12 10:01 AM
    i notice that when i take a pictures using my playbook..the save pictures is unorganized in this 2.1..
    anyone notice that?
    10-16-12 10:14 AM
    I don't know if any of you with Exchange/Activesync issues have since resolved them, but in my own experience, following the initial upgrade, I too had problems, but after deleting the Exchange/Activesync account, re-entering it, checking to make sure the settings were correct, and very importantly, giving it time (30 minutes or more) to re-sync (and on mine, first email, then calendar, then contacts), it did work. Make sure that the default accounts, preferences, syncing etc. are all set properly (swipe from top in an email account, and then tap Settings).

However, I experienced a Contacts problem that had also occurred in the Beta - while the left panel showed the names, there was no detail showing in the right panel. Yet it was there in both edit mode and Video Chat. I Wiped and re-entered account info (experiencing the same delay in data re-loading), but the problem re-occurred. In my case, it turns out to be sporadic, re-occurring in Last Name sort mode, but working correctly in First Name sort mode. But once in a while, the detail info in Contacts will still "lock" on one contact, even if you tap a different name. RIM has acknowledged the issue, and is looking into it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-12 02:55 PM
    evidently there's some issues with android player, and active sync.... big issues...they seem to be running something in the background we can't see...which is why everyone batterys are being sucked dry.. my guess I dunno. whatever it is its also effecting the browser and glitches with the keyboard as well, come on... momma needs a 2.1.0.1114 update!! lol
    10-19-12 06:44 AM
    evidently there's some issues with android player, and active sync.... big issues...they seem to be running something in the background we can't see...which is why everyone batterys are being sucked dry.. my guess I dunno. whatever it is its also effecting the browser and glitches with the keyboard as well, come on... momma needs a 2.1.0.1114 update!! lol
    oh and its probaby also effecting the wifi for those up of not tethering....

is there such thing as a error fix, or virus scanner for tablets? lol seriously though.
    10-19-12 06:47 AM
    I can't dismiss appointments that were set on my Blackberry, that appear on my Playbook when Bridged.

The notification comes up, I can click on "dismiss" on the Playbook, but I set the notification to vibrate 10 times, and it doesn't stop the vibrate notification. Snoozing the notification on my Playbook doesn't work either!

Really annoying I have my playbook in front of me, the notification of an appointment comes up and I can't dismiss it so I have to hear the infernal continuous vibrating or actually dig out my phone to dismiss the appointment.
    10-22-12 10:08 PM
    I do not blindly load every new update that comes along to "see what happens". My Playbook is not "broken" and I won't be loading this update. I have seen no added functionality that is worth the numerous glitches people have posted here. SMS?- I do it all on my phone. We always have our phones with us, we don't always have our PlayBook. If this sounds a little bitter, its just that this seems to be a pattern with these incremental bug-fix updates. I for one don't want to have to do a wipe or debrick after an OS update.
    10-24-12 01:54 PM
    Update went smoothly. Been on new update for almost a month now and all in all not bad. Haven't encounter some of the problems others have.

- Sideloading apps and Android apps all working fine.

- browser seems slightly faster, but not by much. Keyboard lags on occasion for a second to so when typing.Still getting the checker board on the Internet. Have to disabled Java script to stop it sometimes.

- YouTube and Facebook working fine unlike some posts I have read.

-playbook lags a little when more than one window is opened on occasion. Which is expected I guess.

-battery life is pretty good. Usually bout a day and half before I have to charge it. Depending on how often im using it. While he is all the time and I usually leave it standby.

-boot up seems slightly faster but not by much. Still takes awhile to be,so I usually just leave it in standby when I'm not using it.

All in all update is not too bad and -I'm still loving my playbook
    10-24-12 03:30 PM
    All of these updates and we STILL can't view BBM Groups on the PlayBook via Bridge. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that looks for this with each update.
    GOD I would LOVE for this to be added!!!!
    10-25-12 08:48 PM
    I'm sure I read somewhere here that "In-App purchasing" would be fixed when 2.1 came. So, after two updates, it still doesn't work for me.

My son has been trying to buy updates for the game "Radiant Defence" for months now... continues to get the AppWorld error: 30242.

Does it work for anyone?
    10-26-12 10:10 AM
    I doubt the content is the cause. Something to do with the format of the video's I think.
    Has anyone been able to find out why web videos from various sites can no longer play on the Playbook? I checked the RIM knowledgebase and did not find an answer. This is very annoying. It worked fine on 2.0. Hey RIM are you reading these post's? Please fix your browser!
    10-27-12 04:39 PM
    Has anyone been able to find out why web videos from various sites can no longer play on the Playbook? I checked the RIM knowledgebase and did not find an answer. This is very annoying. It worked fine on 2.0. Hey RIM are you reading these post's? Please fix your browser!
    This is a fan forum where we users try and help each other, thus is not the RIm/blackberry support site. Official support is available at blackberry.com.
    10-27-12 06:19 PM
    Stellarium still does not work. Has anyone received a refund from BB appworld?
    Here is a link to the developers page on the project.
    https://github.com/siarheig/stellarium
    Notice that he has not updated anything in six months?
    12-15-12 12:47 PM
    I still have os 2.1.0.1088 when will the us see this update
    12-15-12 01:02 PM
926 ... 35363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD