Well, after 11 months my 16GB PlayBook decided it was only going to work while plugged in and switch off as soon as the usb charger was removed.
    I got insurance from the store where I bought it so I can get a replacement. I'm now having a dilemma of what to do because my replacement tablet can be anything! (up to the value of �150 or I make up the difference)
    I originally thought about getting a 64GB PlayBook but then realised some good android tablets were similarly priced (ie galaxy tab 2 7", kindle fire hd, nexus 7...),
    I use a Galaxy SIII phone and can see some advantages of having 2 androids (and my daughter would have more choice of suitable games she is 8 and on PB only gets fun out of the Flash games using the PlayBook browser)

If anyone has an Android phone AND tablet and knows how good the PlayBook is, tell me will I get more from having 2 androids or upgrading to a 64GB PlayBook?
    12-02-12 11:08 PM
    I don't have an Android phone (yet, waiting on the Nexus 4 to be back in stock), but I have the PlayBook and my girlfriend has the Nexus 7.

Overall, I like the PlayBook better. Where the Nexus 7 wins is on having more apps and games, but battery life isn't as good, nor is usability. It's quite frankly difficult to go back to using any other OS after using PBOS, and that'll be even more pronounced when BB10 comes out. Android will take ages to catch up, if it ever does.

If your primary use is entertaining your daughter, the Nexus 7 is probably a better choice, but if it's something you want to use yourself, as an alternative to a laptop when you're on the go, I'd say get another PlayBook.
    12-02-12 11:12 PM
    the only 7 android tab i would get would be the Nexus 7. Otherwise you can get another PB if you wish.
    12-02-12 11:17 PM
    I have an android phone. Used to have an android tab - but returned it after picking up my 64gb PB from PC World. Ok you don't have bridge, but you can foxfi for data use on the go, wifi transfer files - and to be honest I have gotten more out of the PB / Android combo than I ever did with the Android / Android combo. But as I always say this is just me, may not be the same for you. I've looked at the Nexus before, and also others, but the PB's interface, gestures, usability and general excellence just reminds me what a cracker it is.
    12-02-12 11:32 PM
    I had the same issue a few months back, around the same time as the most recent update. I thought I was going need a replacement but the issue, whatever it was, resolved itself.
    12-03-12 09:16 PM
    I think I'd definitely get another playbook if mine broke today. 64GB at that.
    12-04-12 01:15 AM
    Unless you don't plan on getting a BB10 phone at launch i'd recommend getting another PB. You currently have one of the best Android phones out right now with almost the latest OS. The S3 with lte and sd card support plus the PB is the best of both worlds.

Don't miss BB10!
    12-04-12 03:32 PM
    No!

Well, after 11 months my 16GB PlayBook decided it was only going to work while plugged in and switch off as soon as the usb charger was removed.
    I got insurance from the store where I bought it so I can get a replacement. I'm now having a dilemma of what to do because my replacement tablet can be anything! (up to the value of �150 or I make up the difference)
    I originally thought about getting a 64GB PlayBook but then realised some good android tablets were similarly priced (ie galaxy tab 2 7", kindle fire hd, nexus 7...),
    I use a Galaxy SIII phone and can see some advantages of having 2 androids (and my daughter would have more choice of suitable games she is 8 and on PB only gets fun out of the Flash games using the PlayBook browser)

If anyone has an Android phone AND tablet and knows how good the PlayBook is, tell me will I get more from having 2 androids or upgrading to a 64GB PlayBook?
    12-04-12 04:21 PM
    I have a Nexus 7 and don't personally rate it as high as my PB64. It has a substantially lesser build quality. Doesn't have a back camera. Doesn't have HDMI out. Battery not as good, etc.

The Nexus 7 has a more responsive GPS and a bigger selection of apps.

My Nexus 7 is mostly relgated to playing cribbage on.

But that is just me. Each user has different requirements.

When I purchase a product, the last thing I would do is ask someone (on any fan site or other site) to convince me on what to buy.
    12-04-12 04:37 PM