I have a lot of photos and a few home videos stored on my 16gb Playbook, resulting in my running short on memory now.

Is there a safe, secure and convenient way of storing photos "remotely" and thereby freeing up my Playbook memory, yet still having easy and dependable access to my photos ?
    01-24-13 06:30 PM
    I have read somewhere that the micro USB port can be used to set up for USB drive storage, but the process by which this is achieved is somewhat complex, particularly for those not adept at making modifications to adapters.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 01-24-13 at 09:15 PM.
    01-24-13 08:41 PM
    There is currently no way for the PlayBook to easily access photos and videos stored on other devices. Unlike computers which can access the PlayBook's files via cable or WiFi, the reverse is not true.
    This is absolutely not true. Your PB can easily access and stream media files stored on your PC over wifi on your LAN. One (of several) programs that will let you do this is Ghost Commander, free in app world, through it's Windows share function. There are also programs that will let you view files not on your LAN available but they require you to run a server program on your PC.
    01-24-13 08:53 PM
    I have Ghost Commander installed and have found that function whereby one can access shared folders on Windows machines. Not sure if this falls in the "convenient" category asked in the original question.
    01-24-13 09:22 PM
    Open Ghost, and from its homescreen, two clicks and you're in. If that's not convenient well............
    currygoat likes this.
    01-24-13 09:39 PM
    use a 32gb micro card on your BB phone
    or store in the clouds (dropbox, sugarsync) and use "Files and Folders"
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-24-13 10:15 PM
    I use ES File Explorer to stream movies, docs, pictures, and other files to my Playbook. You have to sideload this app but it works great.
    01-25-13 04:31 AM
    Open Ghost, and from its homescreen, two clicks and you're in. If that's not convenient well............
    More like "possible" rather than "convenient".

The "Ghost" solution requires one to key in some information first for initial access to the Windows machine, and the Windows machine has to be set up properly.

I just find it simpler to use the Windows file manager and view all my pictures and videos there. For viewing a video on TV via the Playbook, I send the video to the Playbook from the Windows machine.
    01-25-13 04:50 PM
    Amazon give you 5GB cloud storage if you have an account for free here in the UK.......ideal for photos etc,although you will need an internet connection to view OR buy a 64 GB Playbook...lol
    01-25-13 05:03 PM
    More like "possible" rather than "convenient".

The "Ghost" solution requires one to key in some information first for initial access to the Windows machine, and the Windows machine has to be set up properly.
    This is true. Of course, to access the PB from a Windows machine over wifi requires one to key in some information first for initial access to the PB, and the PB has to be set up properly. This seems much more convenient. Of course, if you use ES File Explorer to access your PC, as KDawg does, you get to skip the info keying in step, since ES will scan for and find networked computers.
    01-25-13 09:15 PM
    I use photo bucket to start saving my pictures on and videos
    01-26-13 09:04 AM
    I have a personal photo gallery attached to my website I use to keep family up to date with photos. I also have a lot of them on Picassa as lots of people now have attached units to their TV that will offer Picassa as a viewing choice. If you are wanting to show off photos and videos when away from your own LAN, then keep the newest on your playbook and store the rest on Picassa. The only thing is of course you will need wifi access to show them off.

Picassa also stores videos.
    01-26-13 09:57 AM
    I have a lot of photos and a few home videos stored on my 16gb Playbook, resulting in my running short on memory now.

Is there a safe, secure and convenient way of storing photos "remotely" and thereby freeing up my Playbook memory, yet still having easy and dependable access to my photos ?

Why don't you load up your PC and then use BB Manager Software to export the pictures and videos you don't want on the PB right now to free up space

or

Just delete videos and pictures you not care to keep anymore to free up space.

or

All i do is use my laptop to watch videos that i like as it has a BIG screen HD too.
    01-26-13 09:58 AM