How many of you are finding 16 gb not being enough? For what reason? ie What are you loading on it?

I am considering getting a refurbished 16 gb from Best Buy.
    04-25-12 12:38 PM
    i went for a 64 because i have a lot of media
    04-25-12 12:57 PM
    Movies take up the most space. If you only want to put 10 movies on the Playbook at a time then u should be fine.
    04-25-12 01:01 PM
    I'm using a 16gb and I've got about 30~40 games a load of apps, 21 full music albums, 4 films which are about 1.5gb each, I've got 100's of pics and video clips but when I'm home I use Lan file explorer to stream my films from my pc.

I've got about 3gb left.

go for the 32gb if yoj can afford that little bit extra, but 16gb serves me very well

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Jamaicangirl81 and fbloise like this.
    04-25-12 01:07 PM
    Recording video eats it up.

As does loaded videos.

If you like the big games, near a half of a GB then that will too.

If you like card games, take short videos and stuff you can have tons of apps and pictures. There are 1000 MB's to a GB so 1 GB will hold 500 2 MB APPS.

Google Maps is like 4.6 MB.
    04-25-12 01:07 PM
    16GB is sufficient if you do not travel often
    04-25-12 01:10 PM
    I love love love love love love love my 64 Gb PlayBook. Its only been a few days and I cant seem to get enough of it. I want to learn as much as I can with it. Everyhting works flawlessly. The ony complaint I have is with the Bluetooth. I didnt know that the PB couldnt do a file transfer (from my Epic 4G) of the pics i have store on my phone. It was a let down. but I still managed to get the pics the old fashioned way (USB from phone to laptop, laptop to PB). Love it still. Enjoy everyone.
    04-25-12 01:34 PM
    It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.....buy as much memory as you can afford......just my humble opinion
    04-25-12 01:47 PM
    I love love love love love love love my 64 Gb PlayBook. Its only been a few days and I cant seem to get enough of it. I want to learn as much as I can with it. Everyhting works flawlessly. The ony complaint I have is with the Bluetooth. I didnt know that the PB couldnt do a file transfer (from my Epic 4G) of the pics i have store on my phone. It was a let down. but I still managed to get the pics the old fashioned way (USB from phone to laptop, laptop to PB). Love it still. Enjoy everyone.
    You'll love this.

Goto Storage and sharing.

File sharing =on
    Wifi sharing =on

Goto network identification

Tablet network name. I named mine jpb, short for JohnPlaybook.

In windows explorer type:

\\jpb\

You will have wireless access to your PB.

If you have bluetooth on your car stereo you can link the PB to it and JAM!
    04-25-12 01:50 PM
    I got the 16GB.

I only load movies for when I'm travelling, and then they are for the flight. I transfer movies off when I get home to my external hard drive at home (3TB...more than enough) to save space

Sitting in Hotels / Airports / Cabs I'll play a game (I did a count and I'm showing 11 games).

I manage some work docs on the PB also, but I move those to my work laptop when I get in in the morning. I figure my work laptop is hooked up to a 2 TB external hard drive which backs up automatically and I make a redundant copy my share drive which is backed up by IT, so worst case I'll have 2-3 extra copies of any file.

I've found 16GB to be more than enough. I currently have around 10GB free at any time.
    04-25-12 01:54 PM
    for the extra $100 you get an extra 48 GB...

16 GB = $12.50 per GB
    64 GB = $ 4.70 per GB

if you want VALUE go with the 64GB and be SAFE
    04-25-12 01:55 PM
    for the extra $100 you get an extra 48 GB...

16 GB = $12.50 per GB
    64 GB = $ 4.70 per GB

if you want VALUE go with the 64GB and be SAFE
    If I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten the 32 GB at a Minimum. But dealing with an angry pregnant wife isn't fun. Coming home and dropping the money without telling her, less fun. Doing this during the morning sicknes...yea I didn't plan that to well.
    04-25-12 02:00 PM
    How many of you are finding 16 gb not being enough? For what reason? ie What are you loading on it?

I am considering getting a refurbished 16 gb from Best Buy.
    I highly recommend going for a larger capacity than 16GB. I've been kicking myself for not opting for a larger one than 16GB. The PB makes an excellent video player as well as a high-end and superb music player. But there just isn't enough room for music and videos. So I have to limit my PB to music and watch videos on my iPad when out and about or PC when at home.

I have about 7GB of high quality music and the rest of the space is taken up with pictures and apps. Currently I have less than 1GB of storage space left....and not one single video on it.

I thought I had it resolved with the purchase of Streaming Now, which I thought would compensate for limited capacity by allowing my PB to connect to the video files on my PC through hotspots while out and about. But it turns out that app is only for use at your home on the same network your PC is on. So back to kicking myself for not getting a larger capacity PB.
    04-25-12 02:49 PM
    If I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten the 32 GB at a Minimum. But dealing with an angry pregnant wife isn't fun. Coming home and dropping the money without telling her, less fun. Doing this during the morning sicknes...yea I didn't plan that to well.
    Kinda lets you know what a piece of fried chicken feels like, huh?
    04-25-12 02:58 PM
    Kinda lets you know what a piece of fried chicken feels like, huh?
    Sad part is about 4-6 weeks ago I went out for a light bulb for our flood light and came home with a new car...and no light bulb.

Some day's I'm a slow learner.

P.S. Telling her that technically I came home with multiple new lightbulbs didn't smooth anything over. Tried tho!
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-25-12 03:04 PM
    Go for the 64GB version if your budget is ok with it. It's defintly worth the bucks if you want to put alot on your Playbook while on the go.
    04-25-12 03:07 PM
    $100 to acquire a 64gb over a 16 ! ehhhh ?

Considering most have tech that costs them like maybe a min. $40/mon. (480/yr) in serviceprovider fees, they quibble on a one time capital outlay of $100 to max. out at 64 (over a lowly 16) or save a few $ vs mint factory fresh unit

imho
    04-25-12 04:33 PM
    $100 to acquire a 64gb over a 16 ! ehhhh ?

Considering most have tech that costs them like maybe a min. $40/mon. (480/yr) in serviceprovider fees, they quibble on a one time capital outlay of $100 to max. out at 64 (over a lowly 16) or save a few $ vs mint factory fresh unit

imho
    Most people are strapped to the limit at the service costs for phones and such. At the time I bought my PB, I couldn't spend more than $250 to $275 max. and tried every way I could think of to get a decent-quality Android tablet. But the least expensive one that didn't suffer viewing angle issues was $350 (Galaxy Tab 7.0). At that time I didn't think too highly of RIM or the PB and grudgingly, after all other efforts failed, decided to give a PB a try...at least it was a tablet, I was thinking. Thinking I would certainly be returning it for a refund, I chose the minimum cost PB, the 16GB, when I could have afforded the 32GB if they had them in stock, which they didn't.

The rest is history. I found the PB to be the best there was and tried to return it for a larger capacity unit. Best Buy was out of stock of the 32GB and I couldn't afford the 64GB ( I think I was like $20 to $25 shy of being able to pay for one with tax included) so I had to settle for the 16GB. I just wish I could have at least gotten a 32GB because this 16GB is too small.
    04-25-12 04:44 PM
    My Bold 9700 has a 32gb SD card. I have used the phone as an MP3 player since it was released. With my 64gb Playbook I use Jeeosuite (Free app) to access the music on my Bold's SD card. Jeeosuite also handles videos and pictures.
    Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    04-25-12 04:48 PM
    Anyone know of an app that would allow my PB to access content on my Android phone?
    04-25-12 04:58 PM
    I wish I had more space than I do on my 16, especially since emulators are out there. Mine is full of Apps and no pix or movies. Get the 32.
    04-25-12 05:01 PM
    Hmmm...I just looked at the contents of my PB and it has:

6.33GB in application data
    3.8GB in media
    128MB in settings

That is a total of about 10GB. My PB is a 16GB model with about 14.6GB available storage space. And it shows only 733MB available.

Something is screwy with the storage system.
    04-25-12 06:28 PM
    My Bold 9700 has a 32gb SD card. I have used the phone as an MP3 player since it was released. With my 64gb Playbook I use Jeeosuite (Free app) to access the music on my Bold's SD card. Jeeosuite also handles videos and pictures.
    *making note*
    i bought a 16Gb PB... and i keep all my music on my 9700 as well.... this sounds like a good app for this and for saving my PB space.
    Thanks
    04-25-12 06:31 PM
    I'm going to make it a simple choice for you.
    Cars with V6 engines versus Hemi powered V8
    Happy life equals Happy Life
    Bigger is always Better
    And finally a 64gig PlayBook is better than a 16gig PlayBook
    Yes I said it.
    04-25-12 06:43 PM
    Regarding my info from post #22, I did a security wipe of my PB and before installing any apps or doing anything I checked the amount of storage space available. Out of the formatted 14.6GB total space, my 16GB PB has a total of 11.9GB of storage space available to the user. Apparently the BB system takes up about 2.75GB of space.
    04-25-12 08:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD