need your help. i bought my PB $250 at Future shop and buy extended warranty worth $60 but after a week a found another store selling PB with accessories (rapid charger,sleeve,soft gel case). to make story short, i went back to FS and asked if they can match the offer of the other store. they FS staff said they'll give me extra $100 give card. sweet.. that makes my PB worth $150. with that price is it worth getting the $60 extended warranty? or should i just return? thanks..
    10-04-11 04:03 PM
    keep it. u got it for a steal. the extended warranty is use as a safety net in case **** happens after a year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nova_8 and OniBerry like this.
    10-04-11 04:14 PM
    I agree with rsxsniper. You got an awesome deal!!
    10-04-11 04:19 PM
    Great deal! There is no better device for $150! Amazing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 04:22 PM
    thanks for your input, hat help me decide. maybe i can use the $100 gift card for bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    10-04-11 05:23 PM
    thanks for your input, hat help me decide. maybe i can use the $100 gift card for bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    Hold off on buying a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. There is a new case likely to come out before too long with a built in keyboard and trackpad. There have been photos of it posted here and there.

It's essentially exactly like the RIM convertible case, but a little thicker with the keyboard and trackpad built in. It's NOT some 3rd party aftermarket case. This is an official OEM case.

I think there was a thread on here about it. It's only speculation WHEN or even IF it's going to be available. However, there are pictures of the finished product, and the release of the OS upgrade would be a good time to make the new case available (especially if the OS upgrade includes improvements to word to go, sheet to go ...).
    10-05-11 01:37 AM
    what store was this at with the smoking deal?
    10-05-11 02:45 AM
    $150 for a playbook? Sounds like an urban legend. Prove us wrong by giving the merchant web address, please.
    10-05-11 11:16 AM
    If you can give us the link for the store that sells the 150 PB, i will order one right now hehe
    10-05-11 11:48 AM
    It's only for Rodgers Employees

Twitter

It's also on HoFo as well. Basically, you get a discount for being an employee ($249) and *then* they send you a rebate card for $100, hence the $149 pricetag.
    Last edited by pshift; 10-05-11 at 02:13 PM.
    10-05-11 02:04 PM
    I even got a better deal just now. Apparently Staples.ca has the 16gig for $299 + coupon code by mistake.

"Purchase this tablet and get a Blackberry PlayBook Travel Charger, Gel Skin and Zip Sleeve FREE!" $150.00 value

I just checked the site and they have removed the coupon code now
    10-05-11 03:25 PM
    If you can give us the link for the store that sells the 150 PB, i will order one right now hehe
    Future Shop - Future Shop

I did get it but not so easy but fun. When I bought my PB to FS, Sears is currently selling PG 16gb for $250 so FS price match that. Then just yesterday I found out Staples was selling PB 16gb for $399 + $150 accessories (offer just ended last night) So i went back to FS to ask if they can match what Staples offer. That took a lot of time for two FS ref expert?? to figure out how they will match, again to make this story short there's a very nice ref that settled my price matching quest. So to recap, I bought my PB at FS for $250, they can't match Staples offer what FS did? credit back $100 on my credit card. $250 PB minus $100 credit back = $150 my precious Playbook!
    10-05-11 04:31 PM
    Future Shop - Future Shop

I did get it but not so easy but fun. When I bought my PB to FS, Sears is currently selling PG 16gb for $250 so FS price match that. Then just yesterday I found out Staples was selling PB 16gb for $399 + $150 accessories (offer just ended last night) So i went back to FS to ask if they can match what Staples offer. That took a lot of time for two FS ref expert?? to figure out how they will match, again to make this story short there's a very nice ref that settled my price matching quest. So to recap, I bought my PB at FS for $250, they can't match Staples offer what FS did? credit back $100 on my credit card. $250 PB minus $100 credit back = $150 my precious Playbook!
    that is funny cuz I went to FS first and see if they can match staples and guy said NO. Also FS store didnt have any new 16gigs only 2 openbox. The guys said $20 off the openbox. Take it or leave it. I left and ordered by at staples.ca + $150 with of free accessories.
    10-05-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD