Given how it's sold out most places, shipped and sold is the same thing.
    Is that just anecdotal?
    It doesn't seem sold out at most places to me�

And also not necessarily the same thing since retailers might be holding off on some regular replenishment orders to replace some of that shelf space with the 4G model.
    09-30-12 04:59 PM
    not good enough, RIM dropped the price of the 32gig playbook to $149 CAD - they aren't flying off the shelves like other tablets are which are far more expensive. we also got a new shipment of playbook 'value kits' which i thought was interesting, its a bigger box and comes with a case and the rapid charger, think its around 249 haven't gotten a close look at it yet.
    09-30-12 05:00 PM
    You are slowing down. Usually you are in quicker to trash a thread.

It doesn't ship. They ship.
    Same grammar stood out to me too� But playing devil's advocate, it's not necessarily incorrect:

"Did RIM ship 130,000?"
    "Yes, they shipped 130,000."

"Did the company ship 130,000?"
    "Yes, it shipped 130,000."

[/grammar lesson]
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-30-12 05:06 PM
    Same grammar stood out to me too� But playing devil's advocate, it's not necessarily incorrect:

"Did RIM ship 130,000?"
    "Yes, they shipped 130,000."

"Did the company ship 130,000?"
    "Yes, it shipped 130,000."

[/grammar lesson]
    Thanks.

Actually it was Sally and Fred, from the Shipping Department, that shipped them.

I would like to thank them as "they" shipped them. L0L

And I bet you are like me . . . . hate getting those little memos that say "From the desk of . . . . ". I have yet to find a desk that could send a memo or anything for that matter. L0L
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-30-12 05:57 PM
    I've wondered about the demographic buying lower-priced tablets. I don't think it's indicative of disposable income.

Where I'm going with this is that the people buying lower-priced tablets can afford more, meaning they can afford to buy apps.

Has RIM ever released any $ per PB info on paid apps? Or totals even? (I don't think so, but maybe someone knows otherwise.)

I have to assume there's some economic sense to this trend, aside from clearing out stock that's not moving.

ya, thats what I said. They sold the PB's to stores and they did not sell well. Now they are doing a forest fire sale to make up money they lost when people did not buy... It completely revolves around economics.

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    09-30-12 10:01 PM
    I buy 3 Playbook
    09-30-12 10:24 PM
    And I bet you are like me . . . . hate getting those little memos that say "From the desk of . . . . ". I have yet to find a desk that could send a memo or anything for that matter. L0L
    Many of the desks that I met are smarter than the person sitting at the desk. Just saying...
    howarmat likes this.
    10-01-12 01:26 AM
    Thanks. I agree on the 4G one, isn't it only available in Canada so far?
    And Germany! You have to listen to the quarterly conference call. No really, it was excellant to listen to and informative.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 10-01-12 at 04:21 AM.
    10-01-12 04:12 AM
    Many of the desks that I met are smarter than the person sitting at the desk. Just saying...
    When some people spend most of their time under the desk I am not surprised. Just saying. . . .
    10-01-12 05:42 AM
    When some people spend most of their time under the desk I am not surprised. Just saying. . . .
    lol, not sure what that means...

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    10-12-12 10:04 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD