Good Spotting on the images...

For a second I thought it was a leaked photo of a newer OS. lol. Dam.

:-)
    08-18-11 12:05 AM
    Quake :-(

Thank the Universe I have the patience of an immortal.

Also, I wish they had left the color of the video icon blue - I hate the color orange.

Gig'em!

Edit: For those that don't remember Quake on the PB, here is Quake -

Makes me wonder if there isn't a deeper game RIM is trying to play with the slow releases and lacking apps on the PlayBook. Also makes me highly anticipate the Native SDK release. Also makes me annoyed that the player needs to turn his sensitivity up!~
    Last edited by OverShadow417; 08-18-11 at 03:51 AM.
    08-18-11 02:27 AM
    Re-launch may not be be the right term but it could be a way to introduce new features that the playbook in it's present state misses.

I'm quite happy with my purchase but as most would agree, want more control over my menu bar. 4/5 tabs is not enough to organize my apps and bookmarks.

The progression of the menu in the following pics makes one wonder why these tabs are not presently available. It would then allow owners to really personalize their playbook. Add an android tab, a couple more features, the ability to create tabs and I bet there will be a few more happy campers.

Does that say Utilities?

Social?

Internet?

These images are pre-release but a stellar update or a re-launch with a user friendly menu and a couple new added features would be a step in the right direction.

And so we wait.
    Is that a search icon in the upper right in the middle photo? (magnifying glass?)
    Sweet. Could use that. Somehow I lost it on my Bold, or was I dreaming?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-18-11 03:51 AM
    A PB re-launch (along with addtional software worthy of that hardware) is a great idea. Hope they change the tone of the advertising too.
    Thank you! I'm getting tired of reading the plethora of negative threads about the PB. I'm not above critiquing RIM when it's needed, but I do believe the PB is full of potential and once they add the functionality it needs it can be a great tab. Why start a whole new thread to beat a dead horse (i.e., we've been back and forth on this since April 19)?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-18-11 06:03 AM
    see 9900 getting alot of attention, even amongst apple fanboys...i like it
    True.... Good to see this happen though! Bye bye Apple fanboys. Welcome to RIM world.
    08-18-11 06:15 AM
    I agree... Although its tough sometimes... I was patient with the Storm1... And then patient with the Storm2... And now I'm thinking "not again" - lol
    In RIM we Wait
    08-18-11 06:16 AM
    I'm not above critiquing RIM when it's needed, but I do believe the PB is full of potential and once they add the functionality it needs it can be a great tab.
    I wonder how much longer people will continue to say "but the PlayBook has potential, and when RIM unleashes that potential..." or something along those lines when someone else mentions the shortfalls of the PlayBook? The PlayBook came out in April, and immediately people targeted that the PlayBook has potential. The next month landed, and people were still mentioning that things will be good "soon" because the PlayBook has potential. Next month? More reaffirmation that the PlayBook still has potential. Here we are middle of August and people are still carrying the banner "But the PlayBook has potential!"

Amazing. Roughly 120 days after launch, and that "potential" has yet to be exploited by RIM. I hope RIM pulls an amazing rabbit out of their hat, but I just don't know any more. Their track record as of late last year (or earlier) suggests that they are running with blinders on.

Yeah, yeah... I know. The PlayBook has potential, and once RIM unleashes that potential...
    NexUsandThem, FF22 and kirson like this.
    08-18-11 06:19 AM
    I didn't know about this 120 Days but we waited this long that what's another 30-60 days. LOL
    It reminds me of the old Heinz catsup (or ketchup) commercial..."Good things come to those who wait". I think I hear Carly Simon's "Anticipation" playing in the background.
    08-18-11 06:25 AM
    If, in fact, there will be a "relaunch" of Playbook, my guess is that instead of calling it 1.1.X.XXXX, it will be 2.X.X.XXX. This is how RIM operates. For example, OS6.1 became OS7. It sounds like a bigger change than it really is. More marketable anyway.

I am still concerned that things are more delayed than imagined. We were all told that we should get worried if the Android Player was not released to developers by late August. Well, we are kind of there already and all is silent on that front. Kevin did not seem confident that the delay to late fall was not true. So, I am still concerned that this is gettign further screwed up.
    08-18-11 06:58 AM
    WHAT 3rd party apps?
    Man, Dillo hills Bro! That ish be mad LAGGY! I get ouch landings too often with the stutters....its B/S
    08-18-11 07:10 AM
    A re-launch of a product 120 days after the original launch is a complete marketing failure. The fact, like others have mentioned here, that non-iPad's tablets aren't selling, that's a fact, not speculation.

The only "re-launching" will be the launching 3G/4G models, with native PIM capabilities.

The launch of the ridiculously priced 9900 Bold will take pressure off RIM for the time being while the media forgets about their unwanted sibling named "Playbook". At least the Bold has email, calendar, and contacts, built-in. OS7 is still Java based, and RIM knows how to write software for their Java phones, they just haven't figured out how to do it on their shinny new QNX OS...

I know when email drops for the Playbook, everybody will say; "See, I told you so". But then it'll be missing tons of features, etc. and then we will be back to the "It's only their first attempt, give it time..."

The only thing I don't get, is why are there no leaks for the native PIM apps? We know they are out there, we've seen them already at the conference earlier this year in Florida... Why so hush, hush?
    08-18-11 07:12 AM
    The only thing I don't get, is why are there no leaks for the native PIM apps? We know they are out there, we've seen them already at the conference earlier this year in Florida... Why so hush, hush?
    I can understand that RIM would not want leaks of these apps floating around. It is too important to get THESE apps right the first time. But, here we are over 120 after launch. Come on already . . .
    08-18-11 07:23 AM
    Its coming, people. Imo, part of being a fan (such as being on crackberry.com) involves liking RIM enough to be patient with them
    I think we've been pretty patient and given RIM a lot of time to get things ironed out. All I want is some communication. They have said nothing on the PB since BBW in May other than a statement on the leaked player. They just left these "Summer" statements out there, so they better deliver!
    08-18-11 10:36 AM
    What better way to present these updates than with a massive RELAUNCH PLAYBOOK announcement! Everything that we wanted at launch are now here for the relaunch.

Brings a lot of attention back on the PlayBook in the media, gets people taking a second look, and all is forgiven by the early adopters cause now our patience is being rewarded.

I mean, the alternative is to just roll out an update at the end of the month and expect the people who own a PB to get attention for the device.

I would personally prefer they make a big showing of it - I like to see things I support excel.
    08-18-11 10:52 AM
    Talked to some RIM rep's recently and look for big and exciting changes to happen in September, I raised issues about native PIM, android player etc, and he said to look for big changes in September and even classified the changes as a "playbook re-launch"
    I would love for that to be true...
    08-18-11 11:22 AM
    Talked to some RIM rep's recently and look for big and exciting changes to happen in September, I raised issues about native PIM, android player etc, and he said to look for big changes in September and even classified the changes as a "playbook re-launch"
    Hopefully he doesn't mean you have to buy new hardware!
    08-18-11 11:29 AM
    What better way to present these updates than with a massive RELAUNCH PLAYBOOK announcement! Everything that we wanted at launch are now here for the relaunch.

Brings a lot of attention back on the PlayBook in the media, gets people taking a second look, and all is forgiven by the early adopters cause now our patience is being rewarded.

I mean, the alternative is to just roll out an update at the end of the month and expect the people who own a PB to get attention for the device.

I would personally prefer they make a big showing of it - I like to see things I support excel.
    Please DO NOT encourage a relaunch!

RIM struggle to do the smallest things (give solid release dates, release good os updates etc, come good on their (loosely termed' promises), can you imagine them trying to do a relaunch? Take your 120 days, double it, add a couple of 'coming soons' and you may get an official announcement from RIM that the leaked flyer of the announcement of a relaunch for PlayBook shouldn't be taken seriously, but the relaunch will happen by the end of summer.
    08-18-11 11:58 AM
    with the launch of the new phones most people have forgot about the issues the pb still has. but i am still going strong on mine and am selling them like hotcakes.
    08-18-11 12:26 PM
    Please DO NOT encourage a relaunch!

RIM struggle to do the smallest things (give solid release dates, release good os updates etc, come good on their (loosely termed' promises), can you imagine them trying to do a re launch? Take your 120 days, double it, add a couple of 'coming soons' and you may get an official announcement from RIM that the leaked flyer of the announcement of a relaunch for PlayBook shouldn't be taken seriously, but the relaunch will happen by the end of summer.
    Hahahahah!!! You about summed it up. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for an update that fixes the many bugs the pb has.... Then if there is added features it will feel like xmas!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 01:20 PM
    bahahahahahahahahahhahaaa so it's 'coming soon'

Is September classed as 'late summer'?
    Time to buy that RIM stock...it's going to run through the roof any day.
    08-18-11 01:26 PM
    Before you call me a troll, would you like to compare thank and like counts? Whatever more you say I'm done responding to you. Leave me alone.
    This is the absolutely best response I've read to anything on Crackberry. It's like the poor kid on the play ground crying, taking his ball home and crying to his mommy.... Thanks for the laugh!!!
    tampasoccer likes this.
    08-18-11 02:00 PM
    This is the absolutely best response I've read to anything on Crackberry. It's like the poor kid on the play ground crying, taking his ball home and crying to his mommy.... Thanks for the laugh!!!
    Hey! Blackjack is the only thing.....ok maybe not the only thing......but one of the most important persons on this forum that keep it from descending into total anarchy - and continue to remind us to stand united against the forces of stupidity, the armies of bitchwhiners, and the ever sneaky ANDROiFanboys.

And he always does so in a most eloquent, and often humorous, fashion.

Also, remember that one time where your argument was made to seem dumb and flawed and thus YOU ran home to your mommy.

Yeah......so stick that in your pipe and....ya know, drugs are bad, so don't suck it, just kinda get it in your mouth, taste it, get a bit of flavor, and then BLOW IT OUT YOUR MOUTH!

Also also, clouds are LAME.

Dumb.
    08-18-11 02:37 PM
    Also also, clouds are LAME.
    Um, you're avatar looks like a pissed off cloud with teeth, just sayin' at least mine is smiling and eating a cookie
    08-18-11 02:54 PM
    Um, you're avatar looks like a pissed off cloud with teeth, just sayin' at least mine is smiling and eating a cookie
    Is that an icloud and an icookie or an androclould and androcookie?
    Or is the cookie RIM being eaten or assimulated?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
    08-18-11 03:06 PM
    Is that an icloud and an icookie or an androclould and androcookie?
    Or is the cookie RIM being eaten or assimulated?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
    Personally, I like dog avatars.

Don't know why?

Arf, arf, arf.
    08-18-11 03:09 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD