Hey guys I was wondering if BlackBerry will release a larger tablet in the future?
    04-13-11 09:41 AM
    04-13-11 09:46 AM
    12" ~ 13" is the way to go. HP is churning out 21" Tablets out there, there is no reason Blackberry shouldn't go a little bigger.
    04-13-11 10:02 AM
    12" ~ 13" is the way to go. HP is churning out 21" Tablets out there, there is no reason Blackberry shouldn't go a little bigger.
    That's the worst idea I've heard yet
    04-13-11 10:14 AM
    *IF* RIM were to release a 10" Playbook I doubt it would be until next year.

Just my opinion.
    04-13-11 10:18 AM
    It's entirely possible that at some point in the future they will produce a 10 inch, or something in that range, but like TB said, it won't be anytime real soon. Certainly there is a market (look at the success of the ipad)!
    04-13-11 10:24 AM
    A 10" version would make me consider buying one.

Seeing AutoCAD running on a couple tablets recently has finally piqued my interest enough to consider getting a tablet. I'm not yet sold entirely on the idea of owning a tablet, but seeing what AutoDesk is doing in the hh/tablet market is pulling me in that direction, and a larger display would be a necessity for me.
    04-13-11 10:24 AM

Seeing AutoCAD running on a couple tablets recently has finally piqued my interest enough to consider getting a tablet. I'm not yet sold entirely on the idea of owning a tablet, but seeing what AutoDesk is doing in the hh/tablet market is pulling me in that direction, and a larger display would be a necessity for me.

Exactly. Getting any real work done needs at least a 10" screen. Even the iPad can be small at times.
    04-13-11 11:05 AM
    Hey guys I was wondering if BlackBerry will release a larger tablet in the future?
    I hope not. and I expect apple to reverse than stance on "7 inch tablets are DOA". I can't imagine Apple ceding the small-tablet form-factor to all the other mfgrs. Apple is a company I despise, but I know they aren't stupid.
    04-13-11 11:07 AM

buy two and connect them. thus 2 16 gb = 1 32 gb with a bigger screen (not exactly 7" + 7" if you really know math... but its bigger)
    Well I'm getting a 7" inch PlayBook. And then a cheap 10" no-name Android tablet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Personally, I think the 7" PlayBook is perfect for the "on-the-go" users, like myself...if I were to move to a 10" formfactor, it would probably need to be a device that could all but replace my laptop...a while back, MSI was flirting with a dual-touchscreen device - I believe 2 - 7" screens, iirc (could've been 9", idk) running Win7...to replace my laptop, it would HAVE to run a full blown Windows (although, as time goes by, I wonder how important Microsoft/Windows will be in this decision-making process, as well...might be more of a "comfort" thing, more than anything else)
    04-13-11 11:21 AM
    After using the 10" tablet for the past few months (ipad) can't say i'm a huge fan, obviously more variety is better for a company so it would be cool to see it as an option in the future, but definitely looking forward to handling a smaller tab like the 7" playbook.
    04-13-11 12:14 PM
    A 10" wide screen Playbook wouldn't be too bad, it'd physical size will be similar to that of the Xoom. I don't see myself having both a 7" and a 10" though, so 7" it would be for me.

RIMM would want to guage the success and demand of the Playbook before forging ahead. But I do hope they come out with one to compete with the iPad.
    04-13-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD