It might be just a Blackberrychech rumor. Or just a "Lost in Translation" joke, as I treat it in my Fine Oils blog.
    (Warning: some knowledge of Slavic languages if not really needed, might be of help)
    02-15-12 12:49 PM
    It might be just a Blackberrychech rumor. Or just a "Lost in Translation" joke, as I treat it in my Fine Oils blog.
    (Warning: some knowledge of Slavic languages if not really needed, might be of help)
    palec is an inch (prst = finger?), so they are talking about a 10-inch prototype. Thanks for the news, but it's old.

Edit: Just run the link through Google Translate.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-15-12 at 12:59 PM.
    aludal likes this.
    02-15-12 12:55 PM
    palec (палец) is "finger" in Russian. Hence the joke.
    02-15-12 02:06 PM
    palec (палец) is "finger" in Russian. Hence the joke.
    Well, the Russian word for an inch is дюйм, which is derived from a word that means a thumb.
    02-15-12 02:18 PM
    I just heard from a corporate sales rep at Rogers that RIM is releasing a 10 inch version of the Playbook in September. He actually advised someone against getting the current Playbook because he's convinced a 10 inch one is coming out in Sept.
    02-29-12 02:31 PM
    There is definately a 10 inch prototype, folks have seen it, BUT this does not mean that it is certain to come to market.
    02-29-12 02:36 PM
    Ohhh. I didn't think so. If it was ready for a September launch, there would be quite a bit of news on the tech blogs and even from NYT; IMO.
    02-29-12 02:45 PM
    secret spy shots of the prototype?
    02-29-12 02:51 PM
    If it does come out my wife is gonna be all over it. Size is the only thing she dislikes about mine.
    02-29-12 03:17 PM
    If it does come out my wife is gonna be all over it. Size is the only thing she dislikes about mine.
    That sounds like a personal problem

A larger one would make sense for companies. And pics or didn't happen
    02-29-12 03:21 PM
    I decided that it would be juvenile of me to ask the obvious.
    02-29-12 03:22 PM
    That sounds like a personal problem

A larger one would make sense for companies. And pics or didn't happen
    Lol....left myself wide open for that one, didn't I
    02-29-12 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD