so, os 1.05 is out, heres what ive noticed.

very little checker boarding while navigating websites

flash video and html 5 video playback seem much smoother. the web page that contains the flash video also seems to respond better.

more ram!!!!!!!! which is awesome. not one browser crash or close down as of yet.

over all gui of the os seems very fluid still. love this os update

bridge seems the same, cant confirm if its better

ill confirm battery later as well
    06-07-11 09:56 PM
    Seems to run faster than before but have noticed that attached email with .jpgs don't always open as before, i.e, can't see the .jpg once downloaded.
    06-07-11 10:06 PM
    bridge browser runs a lot smoother.
    06-07-11 10:11 PM
    How many of these threads to we need to have!
    06-07-11 10:18 PM
    Some people just get so excited they just start a new thread?
    06-07-11 10:21 PM
    was able to back-up 3.5G using DM.
    06-07-11 11:11 PM
    it did free up more memory for me (i purposely checked before and after)

possible placebo effect on web browsing though.
    06-07-11 11:13 PM
    I count myself among the update whiners, waiting for this, and hoping for more than reason would suggest, so I was initially a little disappointed when I saw the unoffocial change log. But now after a day or so of small but noticeable improvements under the new build, I am happy with it, because it fits within my long experience with RIM, which has always included steady improvement of the software built on a sturdy hardware foundation. This is really how I thought about the Playbook anyway, when not in the throes of a high-whining trill over missing apps, functionality, etc. I also like the steady stream of app updates, too, which are moving the overall operation of the Playbook forward. It is still a summer project, but there is the prospect of more positive reenforcement like last night's upgrade. My sense is a lot of early buyers like myself knew very well this was the likely timeframe, but its hard not to get caught up in the enthusiasm-turning-to-impatience-to-bitter-disappointment, but since I've been using the Playbook very satisfactorally through all of that, it fades and I'm able to see the potential and the current capability of the Playbook and be very encourgaged.

Edit: One particular arc that I see among several posters here and elsewhere, is that the initial no-native-email existential dread seems increasingly like something that will be great when it arrives, but not such a big deal at all. Even before yesterday's upgrade, the Bridge email did the job for me and its working better now. And the BT headset interference has also lessoned or possibly disappeared since the Bridge update. I can see how it still is the # 1 priority for some, though, particularly if you don't have a Blackberry handheld.
    Last edited by mmcpher; 06-07-11 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Afterthought
    06-07-11 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD