hey everyone

so am i the only one who has actually worse performance with the bridge browser after the updates?

before the latest update i could get bridge browser downloads of :

2mbps which was very useable

after the updates to latest software:

0.6mbps it is brutal

carrier bell canada
    torch OS 6.6.0.223

Help!
    07-27-11 09:27 AM
    Yes you probably are the only one, browser is faster for me and bridge still works like it did before, unpair, remove bridge app, reboot and reinstall and re-pair and see if it fixes anything.
    07-27-11 09:29 AM
    I go thru my torch and there are TLS setting in the browser, do we need to change any of the setting or is it all automatic/default ?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 09:35 AM
    Im facing the same issue. Bridge BRowser is soo slow now.
    07-27-11 09:48 AM
    same issue here, now my bridge browser download is 0.8mbps
    07-27-11 11:27 AM
    My bridge browser used to be slow, but now is fast. I used to be able to open attachment, but now I can't. I'll happily trade my faster bridge browser for the ability to open attachments.
    07-27-11 11:58 AM
    My bridge browser used to be slow, but now is fast. I used to be able to open attachment, but now I can't. I'll happily trade my faster bridge browser for the ability to open attachments.
    Same problem...
    07-27-11 12:08 PM
    Well, at least I am not the only one.

Stupid me, i was so happy with my bridge before the update and thought, 'wow, imagine an update to speed up the bridge even more... i cant lose'
    well, i lost!
    07-29-11 06:18 AM
    wow, my bridge connection is faster. Downloads from attachments seem to be a lot quicker.

Have you tried wiping your PB and starting fresh? Because I did that a few weeks ago, and then the updates came and its fast
    07-29-11 07:49 AM
    I just got mine Sunday. The bridge browser is slower then wifi but it is still good. I haven't downloaded anything though to know what speeds that is at.
    07-29-11 08:43 AM
    Worse? Not for me. My bridge browser is fast and all of my bridge apps work just as good as before. Try doing a hard reboot on your PB, that always helps when I have bridge issues. (Hold down all three buttons at the top and the power button. The PB should turn off and restart on it's own.) It's tricky to do but once you get it hopefully you'll see a difference.
    07-29-11 08:56 AM
    I disagree with th OP, my bridge is working better and faster in all aspects, true, I wish there could have MORE from the last update, but my PlayBook is operating well with the 2670 update.
    07-29-11 09:46 AM
    Me again

just to let everyone know, after the updates i noticed:

1. my bridge browser on speedtest.net is only 0.6mbps download
    2. before the update : 2.0mpbs download

so, i am not just guessing or thinking it is slower, i actually tested before and after

3. i have done a security wipe 2 times and tried reloading to see if that helped, still slow.

4. i have done the hard reset and still slow

5. i notice that some other users have noticed a speed loss after this update, so i am not alone.

6. i obviously understand that the bridge browser is and will likely always be slower than wifi

any help is still appreciated
    07-30-11 06:22 AM
    I just ran a speed test this morning on both.

Forgot to add when I use tether and my laptop I avg around .80 to 1.10 download and about the same for upload as the bridge browser.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 07-30-11 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Add about tether
    07-30-11 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD