07-19-11 07:26 AM
    a few fixes, no new features.
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    07-19-11 07:28 AM
    Michael here to tell you about the latest updates available for your BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet. BlackBerry� Tablet OS v1.0.7 is available today and introduces a variety of new features and enhancements � keep reading to find out what�s new in this latest update!

Improved connectivity & productivity with the BlackBerry Bridge application

Enhanced Support for Saving Attachments � The BlackBerry� Bridge� app offers you more flexibility around where and how you save attachments for viewing and editing. You can now save an attachment to a removable SD card, or to your BlackBerry smartphone�s internal flash memory.
    ZIP Attachment Support � The BlackBerry Bridge app now gives you access to ZIP files received as an email attachment. While bridged, you can now download a zip file from an email to your smartphone SD card and then extract compressed contents for viewing or editing on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
    Additional Multimedia Features

Portrait Support in Pictures App � With BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.7, pictures that you�ve taken with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or transferred from your PC can now be viewed in either portrait or landscape formats for the layout that best fits your needs.
    Pinch to Zoom in Video App � Use the pinch gesture to zoom in on the finer details of your favorite video content, just like you would with a website or picture today � all while the video continues to play.

Additional Language Support
    With BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.7, we have also added support for the following 15 languages:
    Basque
    Catalan
    Czech
    Danish
    Galician
    Hungarian
    Bahasa Indonesia
    Norwegian
    Polish
    Portuguese Brazilian
    Portuguese European
    Swedish
    Turkish
    Romanian
    Russian
    How to update to BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.7

Best of all, these updates are free and can be downloaded over-the-air from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 will be automatically updated to v1.0.7 as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet setup process. Existing BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users will be presented with a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet status ribbon, or they can check for the software update at any time in the Settings Menu under Software Updates.

Remember to also update the BlackBerry Bridge application on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Post a comment and let us know what you think of the new features added to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet!
    07-19-11 07:29 AM
    Just got the update. i'm in Atlanta
    07-19-11 07:31 AM
    Nowt exciting in the uk build. Got 2 addition links to the BBC News website & BBC iPlayer.

Still no News reader or podcast app. (Still not sure why this should be missing from the uk version)
    07-19-11 07:33 AM
    updating downloading 80% in london!
    07-19-11 07:34 AM
    Now my bridge will not work. Downloaded latest last night, connects but will not load any bridge app. Anyone else with this problem?
    07-19-11 07:37 AM
    heres the headline!! i deleted a link, NO UPDATE FOR NEW LINKS!!!!
    07-19-11 07:38 AM
    Anticlimax to the max
    On to the next one

p.s.
    heres the headline!! i deleted a link, NO UPDATE FOR NEW LINKS!!!!
    that IS good news !
    07-19-11 07:39 AM
    downloading right now
    It downloaded the 358mb, installed, rebooted. Still shows 1.0.6 and it is downloading the 358mb again. Odd.
    07-19-11 07:44 AM
    Update also has added Airplane Mode Feature in settings.
    Both my 9700 and my PB64 are re-booting right now. Hope this all goes well.
    Is the Adobe PDF reader now included in the the OS? After the update, it is no longer listed in My World, but the app is still working.
    07-19-11 07:46 AM
    Updating my PB here in Spain ...

But not happy, this is minor update :-(
    PD: now we can rotate pictures in our tablet, oh, great improvement, RIM pff
    07-19-11 07:46 AM
    Pinch to zoom on video is an amazing idea. wink wink
    07-19-11 07:47 AM
    The update became available in central Alberta around 6:00AM MST
    07-19-11 07:47 AM
    Oh man my malaysian connection is such a b*tch when it comes to downloading updates -.-

18% after about 20 minutes :/. Got the new bridge on my bold just waiting to get crackalacking though!!
    07-19-11 07:56 AM
    Ok Im downloading it in Italy right now!
    07-19-11 07:56 AM
    I've got it now.

Portrait view for 'Pictures' is a welcomed improvement. Long overdue.

I was hoping for more substance at this stage though. Like native PIM & A2DP support.

07-19-11 08:05 AM
    Just upgraded both bridge and PlayBook O/S. Now I get notifications of emails and appointments but the in-box, calendar, etc won't open on the PlayBook. Anyone else experiencing issues?
    07-19-11 08:07 AM
    Now my bridge will not work. Downloaded latest last night, connects but will not load any bridge app. Anyone else with this problem?
    I'm also having a problem. I updated the Bridge on my 9700 this morning via the OTA link, and an hour or so later updated my OS on the PlayBook. Now I cannot get my Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Memo Pad, BBM, or Tasks to open. I just get a black screen with the BlackBerry logo for a few minutes and then it shuts off. However, I can access files via the Bridge Files and the Bridge Browser is working. Also, I am getting a notification that I have new mail messages, but can only open them on my 9700.

I have rebooted both devices, and have deleted and "re-paired" the devices on the Bridge. Still the same.

I am on AT&T, so I don't know if this is the issue, however, the OTA link has always worked in the past.

Very perplexed about this. I need to get the Bridge functioning! This was the main selling point for me to get the PlayBook. It was no deal without it!
    07-19-11 08:10 AM
    FINALLY just now got the update at 9:15 EST after pressing the updates all last night and through this morning. What the ****? How do these updates work? If it was by timezone wouldn't I have been last evening?
    07-19-11 08:15 AM
    I'm also having a problem. I updated the Bridge on my 9700 this morning via the OTA link, and an hour or so later updated my OS on the PlayBook. Now I cannot get my Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Memo Pad, BBM, or Tasks to open. I just get a black screen with the BlackBerry logo for a few minutes and then it shuts off. However, I can access files via the Bridge Files and the Bridge Browser is working. Also, I am getting a notification that I have new mail messages, but can only open them on my 9700.

I have rebooted both devices, and have deleted and "re-paired" the devices on the Bridge. Still the same.

I am on AT&T, so I don't know if this is the issue, however, the OTA link has always worked in the past.

Very perplexed about this. I need to get the Bridge functioning! This was the main selling point for me to get the PlayBook. It was no deal without it!
    Exact issues with me. I'm on Verizon. Should the carrier matter with the teather to the device (as opposed to the internet)?
    07-19-11 08:23 AM
    Exact issues with me. I'm on Verizon. Should the carrier matter with the teather to the device (as opposed to the internet)?
    I'm not sure what you mean when you're talking about tethering. Do you mean actually tethering or pairing with BB Bridge? If this update kills my Bridge when my PB restarts here in a minute I'm going to %@ !*!#!
    07-19-11 08:30 AM
    I have the same issue with Rogers (Canada). I removed the devices in Bluetooth, paired the devices again and it did not fix it. I removed the devices again, removed and reinstall the BB Bridge app on my BB, restarted both device, redid the bridge but still only the Bridge Files and Browser work.
    07-19-11 08:31 AM
425 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD