hey folks,

so with the recent updates rolled out, i've read no end of complaints of every variation with regards to user experience, my heart goes out to you all. i however decided only to update bridge app and am impressed with how its working, regardless of not getting the features rolled out in update.

i urge you follow suit in future and let eager beaver updaters, test the waters, as they say even tortoises can win races too.

i hope your issues are resolved soon. i will just wait for the update rolling out with european update.

good luck guys, i'm not trolling you for updating, rather advising you remember; still waters........ you'll know the rest.
    06-09-11 12:07 AM
    Of all the people in our office using Blackberries, I am the only one who is afflicted by the update mania. Literally years pass for some users without the slightest need or desire to do more. Too much of the tech coverage is focused on high-end users. If it ain't broke, fiddle with until it bricks I always say, but not everybody does.
    06-09-11 01:03 AM
    Ok. ................
    06-09-11 01:05 AM
    You're welcome. Btw, there is much more good than bad in the latest update. Whiners are very good at whining here on crackberry. One whiner complained about there being no home "button" for crying out loud! lol!
    06-09-11 01:12 AM
    hahahahaha..... you're missing out my friend. There are indeed new features.... and bug fixes.... and i actually haven't come across any new bugs.... maybe I'm just a lucky one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 01:18 AM
    The update definitely dampened down the whining. But hang in there, the week is not over yet. With launches coming in Europe, the Middle East and Australia later this month, there may even be additional updates before the griping reaches fever pitch again. The update was clean, in that it hasn't seemed to cause too many new problems (which may happen with a new and evolving OS) and most of the post-update complaints are rehashes of prior ones.
    06-09-11 01:33 AM
    1.0.5 >>>>> 1.0.3 by a long shot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 03:38 AM
    shocking, 6 people content with the update! well I'll be damned! good to hear you guys are enjoying the update and quick impressed the whining folks at me posting this lol, thought the ipad trolls might have had a jab lol.
    06-09-11 04:39 AM
    If you are reducing the scope of which you judge peoples happiness with the update to this forum - I dont think you'll get accurate numbers since people complain about something so stupid as not having a twitter as if its the end of the world.

That being said - I have had zero problems with the update and am happy with it.
    06-09-11 06:00 AM
    Count me as 7.. I have not become aware of any reason not to update.. The Bridge improvements alone make the update worth having, if you use the bridge. There are a few apps that need to be update to work well with this release, but nothing that matters to me. And don't forget the huge memory gains.

Why would anyone NOT move to OS v1.0.5??
    06-09-11 06:02 AM
    yes tortoises can win races if they use rocket packs or are trained snipers and take out the rabbit.
    06-09-11 06:03 AM
    add another one happy with the update to your list champ. i have run into two bugs and they were fixed by either closing the app or a soft restart. but improvements can be well seen. have fun on your calm waters
    06-09-11 06:06 AM
    Good update, producing a much more stable environment. In 1.0.3 there were regular issues with browser shutting down, pages hanging, etc. While these issues are not all gone in 1.0.5, they have been reduced considerably.

The "no update" people drag the rest of us behind since developers always have to worry about backwards compatibility.

To the OP -> what's going to be so magical with the next release (supposedly concurrent with the European update) that will make you want to perform an update then? BTW, I'm not so sure that there will be another update prior to the European release since additional languages were included in the 1.0.5 release.
    06-09-11 06:23 AM
    I am very happy with the update. My browser is working a lot smoother and a bit quicker than before. The are a few other improvements and if I am beta testing I say bring it on. I am sure the playbook will be working very well by Christmas, with native email and completely optimized by then, but you keep your OS 1.03.1868 until then you turtle, while we enjoy all the little updates. And take one for the team, all of us beta warriors. (That's right we're not rabbits).
    06-09-11 07:10 AM
    As one of those addicted to the latest updates on all planes, the new PB update went on my device within minutes of the announcement. No issues to report so far. Bridge with the latest issue works just fine. Overall the new PB OS seems to run more smoothly and maybe a bit faster. Whatever... Maybe just my luck. We shall see in time.
    06-09-11 07:21 AM
    yes tortoises can win races if they use rocket packs or are trained snipers and take out the rabbit.
    Right, that "slow and steady" moral is stupid. The moral to that story should have been to not be complacent and assume you have won until you finish the race.
    06-09-11 07:50 AM
    I do have ONE issue, my browser isnt fine with this update, it was great before, definately more than usual pixeling and zoom issues (zooming when i dont want to). But really, i just figure any update should make the pb more stable, i'm not looking for more features. But hey, my PB works and i dont use my laptop anymore
    06-09-11 07:55 AM
    hey folks,

so with the recent updates rolled out, i've read no end of complaints of every variation with regards to user experience, my heart goes out to you all. i however decided only to update bridge app and am impressed with how its working, regardless of not getting the features rolled out in update.

i urge you follow suit in future and let eager beaver updaters, test the waters, as they say even tortoises can win races too.

i hope your issues are resolved soon. i will just wait for the update rolling out with european update.

good luck guys, i'm not trolling you for updating, rather advising you remember; still waters........ you'll know the rest.
    bridge doesn't work on my 9780 and the rest of the updates were meh..on top of that app world acts weird now.
    But the idea to add the AOL email button was magnificent. I just wonder what genius had the idea to add t AOL icon that takes you directly to the email website. This alone was worth the wait.
    06-09-11 08:03 AM
    Count me as another person happy with this update.. working fine for me. Bridge is a heck of a lot better.
    06-09-11 08:34 AM
    I think the slim chance you have of doing "more harm than good" is not worth holding back. That's the same mentality as the people who say "well, the PlayBook isn't finished so I'll just wait a year and get PlayBook 2." There will always be a tiny minority who have issues with every product, every release; if you let that dictate how you purchase and upgrade your tech gear, then you may hold of indefinitely. My advice: squeeze your nose, hold your breath, and jump the f*** in. What's the fun in staying dry, anyway?
    06-09-11 08:46 AM
    The update is all good and no bad.

You choosing not to update to it makes zero sense. Zero.

You're welcome, though...I guess.
    06-09-11 08:50 AM
    To the OP -> what's going to be so magical with the next release (supposedly c[B[/B]oncurrent with the European update) that will make you want to perform an update then? BTW, I'm not so sure that there will be another update prior to the European release since additional languages were included in the 1.0.5 release.[/QUOTE]

maybe its poor logic but i'm guessing this release was aimed at picking out bugs and ensuring fixes are applied before pb release in regions aforementioned by others? i'm just slow really, if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality. torch is still on .246, so that saying a lot.
    06-09-11 09:11 AM
    You're welcome. Btw, there is much more good than bad in the latest update. Whiners are very good at whining here on crackberry. One whiner complained about there being no home "button" for crying out loud! lol!
    And that one flew right over your head just like the obligatory 'will it run on my device' question that traditionally shows up.
    anon(490042) likes this.
    06-09-11 09:24 AM
    Oh, no. That particular whiner was quite serious about there being no home button. He found it confusing.

It is interesting to see peoples' reactions to a new device. Many expect -or want- the PB to perform exactly like another device right down to the "home button" and if the PB doesn't have a home button then something must be horribly wrong.

I am really enjoying the evolution of the QNX OS. Haven't used my lap top for at least 6 days right now.
    06-09-11 12:14 PM
    As for a Home button, I wish the Browser had a Home Button and a Find Button. Of course, I will want the pdf app to have a Find Button.
    06-09-11 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD