Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hubermania
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default update t-mobile 8220 from 4.6.0.180 to 4.6.0.308

hi, does anyone here have t-mobile 8220 and succeeded to update his os?
    after updating the os, if i go to the application id blackberry desktop manager i can't see any of the applications installed in the device, i can only see the third party applications there.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Default App Loader shows/loads/unloads native apps

Hi ronenfe and everybody. I've been running 4.6.0.308 for quite a while now. The later Desktop Manager versions (I'm using DM 6) only show 3rd party applications. The device applications are accessible through the Application Loader if the 4.6.0.308 device software is installed on the PC. (I had removed the BB OS from my laptop and wasn't able to see the native apps until I reloaded it.) The attached screen shots show where to find Loader.exe on your hard drive, and the contents of the Application Loader when it is connected to the device.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails update t-mobile 8220 from 4.6.0.180 to 4.6.0.308-app-loader-location.jpg   update t-mobile 8220 from 4.6.0.180 to 4.6.0.308-app-loader-contents.jpg  
    kazol likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks hubermania, that's quite clever, i didn't think to use the loader for that.
    I am going to reinstall 308 right now.
    by the way, do you know by any chance if i can use appworld if i don't have bis or bes?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

I've never tried BB App World without a data plan. However the web site now has a browser plugin that allows installing apps on the phone from your PC over a USB cable. You'll need to login on the App World website with a BlackBerry ID, which you may or may not be able to create without a data plan.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

thanks again it seems to work but i can't use it because my country isn't supported.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

strange, but now i can see the application list in blackberry desktop manager.
    maybe uninstalling all previous oses and blackberry desktop manager. and installing the new os and after that installing the blackberry desktop manager did it.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    huh? what's this...my device pin?

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    Hi ronenfe and everybody. I've been running 4.6.0.308 for quite a while now. The later Desktop Manager versions (I'm using DM 6) only show 3rd party applications. The device applications are accessible through the Application Loader if the 4.6.0.308 device software is installed on the PC. (I had removed the BB OS from my laptop and wasn't able to see the native apps until I reloaded it.) The attached screen shots show where to find Loader.exe on your hard drive, and the contents of the Application Loader when it is connected to the device.
    I loaded the dm6 and when i went to the tmobile bbupgrade page it doesn't list the .308 device software for the 8220. where do I find that os to download and run it on my handheld? dm6 just gives downloads of .180 or .151 (tmobile previous os). when i bricked my last 8220 recently, i have tried to jl cmdr wipe it and reload the .180 off the dm6 to no avail. it doesn't have the bb .cod files in it for some reason??? argh.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

you have the link at the sticky post at the top of this forum.