Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Swelling Battery

Few weeks ago I noticed that the back battery cover wasnít sitting properly so I gave it a quick look over and found nothing wrong so I chalked it up to normal wear and tear. Then my battery life started to drain very quickly. Thought maybe apps were killing but to no prevail. Finally I took out the battery and noticed it was swelling in the middle by a good amount.

I called T-mobile for replacement battery...$59.99!
    I called Radio Shack....50.00 (the guy didnít even ask me which model BB it as for)
    Then I looked on Crackberry....$14.99

So I would like to say THANK YOU CRACKBERRY for saving a guy a lot of money.

I havenít heard that much about the batteries swelling but trust me some do!

Last but not least I'm selling my rare swollen battery for the super slow price of $14.98...you canít get these just anywhere folks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

It may be a symptom of charging too fast by using a non-BB charger, I had it happen using my PC's USB ports to charge my phone's battery. It was fine if the battery was mostly charged when I started but if the battery was very low it charged too fast and swelled up as yours did.
    CrackBerry Addict

You can get Flip replacement batteries on Amazon for even less (starts at $3.50). Crackberry ain't a great deal on this, my friend.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

do a search.

known problem with the early batteries.

verizon warrantied it for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29D38F3F

Default Two Words

Eeee Bay

I usually get them for $2 or $3
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts

Verizon just sent me one the old didn't last 6 months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ESN View Post
    Verizon just sent me one the old didn't last 6 months
    Tell them, ask for another.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can my Phone usage have anything to do with the swelling of its battery? Or is it just due to overcharging and I shd replace my old battery with a new one?

Global Posts
    32,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav93 View Post
    Can my Phone usage have anything to do with the swelling of its battery? Or is it just due to overcharging and I shd replace my old battery with a new one?
    It can be one or several factors. If your battery is swelling, a new one is highly recommended.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry User

A swelling battery is about to leak and destroy you,re phone. Replace at once!