Some questions concerning the BB Pearl Flip 8230...
I am in the process of receiving a new BB Pearl Flip 8230 and have a few questions that you fellows might answer for me. I will only be using this phone for talk and text so I won't need data for email and web surfing. Since I'm using Page Plus, my understanding is you have to add service books and jump thru some other hoops to get data to work with the 8230 anyway, and data can really cost with PP if you don't keep on top of it.
Anyway, question time!
Can the 8230 be rooted/unlocked or whatever, and why would I want to? I have rooted a few Dinc's and an Eric, but I knew what I wanted to do with those phones.
Are there any useful apps for the 8230, and how would I get them to the phone without data?
Is there a way to have the clock show on the outside front LCD all the time, and if so, would there be much of a battery drain? (I don't wear a watch)
Any tricks I need to know about the 8230?
Enough for now. We'll see how this goes. ...and as always, Merci beaucoup !
- 08-07-14, 10:45 PM #2Forum Rules: Community Rules & Guidelines Quick Help: BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 (10.2.1+) |Sideloading apps: BB10 10.2.0-/PlayBook | Google Play Store : BB10 | Update/Reload Software: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BBOS | Battery Saving Tips: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10
My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel
Thanks Diegonei. I guess what I meant to say was it's "supposed" to be a new in box, unused phone so I guess you could say it's new old stock. I didn't think I would need to do anything to it just for phone/texting, but thought I"d ask in case someone had found an app that was really useful (for me, anyway) to add to it.
The clock thing... the image goes away after a few seconds and just wondered if there was a way to make it show up permanently. I found out that just pushing one of the extra buttons on the side brings up the clock. Convenient keys? I forget exactly what they're called.
I think this new old phone will serve me well. I don't really like having a big slab phone in my pocket with an unprotected screen anymore. Just getting too old for such things I guess.
One last thing I thought of. I have had to carefully watch my Dinc to prevent it from updating, which uses data, and depleating my PP funds. Do BB's do OTA updating as well? If so, is there a way to prevent it other than choosing "update later" as I did with the Dinc?
- By gokulesh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 09-12-14, 05:23 PM
- By Lucas Fernandes Bot in forum Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files)Replies: 3Last Post: 08-12-14, 04:21 PM
- By snarlybear in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-11-14, 04:05 AM
- By tw1g_007 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 35Last Post: 08-10-14, 12:00 AM
- By rhymenocerous8 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 3Last Post: 08-08-14, 06:33 AM