Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy pearl flip 8230 cdma not turning on

i was just trying to do a backup of contacts in my dad's mobile..... i installed the desktop software and before going to take backup i pressed d application tab and i uninstalled something like other language pack(am not sure of for which one) the languages which i uninstalled was portugees spanish and french.....i thought it would give the phone more space... i think i just killed my dads phone(most probably yes...!!!) .... i have been looking around for solutions for about 7 hours till now...... so i can see that many has come through this and no one has confirmed whether it has been solved or not.....

i would like to know if some one has went through this and has solved it....

am desperately sad.... i dono wat i would say my dad in d mornin...

if nothing is workin will there be any possibilities to backup d contacts.....

its
    CrackBerry User

If you performed the backup before you removed the language packs, you should be okay in regard to having saved the contacts.

Anyhow, the classic ideas to straighten out a messed up phone are to (1) reinstall the operating system (normally using the desktop software), or reverting it to an earlier version or updating it to the most recent version supported by the phone, and (2) if that fails, restart the phone by removing and replacing the battery (first try, do it with the phone off; second, with the phone on). If none of these things works, spend some time searching the Crackberry forums (and even the Blackberry.com forums). There are suggestions scattered about them for solving a myriad of problems. Start by reviewing the stickies.