Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to stop emails showing up in 2 inboxes

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty annoyed of receiving email messages to my yahoo account inbox and having it show up in the messages inbox also.
    How do you stop this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,826 Global Posts

Nope. Only wat to not see it is to hide the inbox and only see messages.....

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ok, so hide the yahoo inbox and leave the messages inbox or viceversa?
    When you hide it where does it go?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    24B4573A

Let me see if I understand, you have a sms inbox for you text messages, you have an inbox just for you yahoo account and you have an inbox for messages?

Problem is your Yahoo shows up in the yahoo inbox and the message inbox but not the sms inbox? correct?
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,826 Global Posts

Yep hide the yahoo inbox. all messages with email and missed calls, etc go in there, even SMS unless you have it set to separate which will allow SMS and emails to be in two separate places. But email will always go to the message box.

When you hide it. it goes to the background, to view what is hidden hit menu from home app screen and choose show all. Then to un hide it highlight the icon and choose unhide.

Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powerhousevolley View Post
    Let me see if I understand, you have a sms inbox for you text messages, you have an inbox just for you yahoo account and you have an inbox for messages?

Problem is your Yahoo shows up in the yahoo inbox and the message inbox but not the sms inbox? correct?
    Example

Email from John smith

That email shows up in the

Yahoo inbox contains John Smith email

as well as the

Message Inbox contains John Smith email

CrackBerry User

PIN
    24B4573A

If you hide one of your inboxes it will still be there..

to find it again click menu, menu, show all.

Does that help?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Problem is it shows up in both yahoo and messages, I have separated sms/mms.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by yester18 View Post
    Yep hide the yahoo inbox. all messages with email and missed calls, etc go in there, even SMS unless you have it set to separate which will allow SMS and emails to be in two separate places. But email will always go to the message box.

When you hide it. it goes to the background, to view what is hidden hit menu from home app screen and choose show all. Then to un hide it highlight the icon and choose unhide.
    The yahoo inbox looks cool, but I guess the messages is needed for business emails etc?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    24B4573A

Either way you will have to hide one of them.. Either Yahoo inbox or message inbox

I recommend hiding your yahoo inbox and just having it all in your message inbox. which would be MMS and your yahoo email.. If not your going to get the message in both folders.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

What will happen when I add other email accounts?

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    257A7BAC

Quote Originally Posted by rappadappa77 View Post
    What will happen when I add other email accounts?

it will add another icon for that separate email like it did for the yahoo one. messages will also show up on the messages icon too.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24B4573A

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKnight View Post
    it will add another icon for that separate email like it did for the yahoo one. messages will also show up on the messages icon too.

I second that

Solution is to hide the second email that you set up and run everything out of the message inbox..

When replying to an email you do have the option to switch accounts and replay to that email from a different email on your phone. I use this option often.

I get emails from info @ myisp.com and reply from myname @ myisp.com.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same issue.

It wouldn't be a big deal except that my missed calls ALSO show up in the generic message folder and it's a pain in the rear to dig thru a bunch of crap email to find who I missed calls from.

If there's a way to get my Yahoo email OUT of the generic messages box I'd be thrilled. I don't need a dumb notification every time I get a Yahoo message.

I don't WANT everything out of the message inbox. I want one place for my yahoo, one for my text messages and one place to see missed calls. Funny, my old phone did this just fine, I'd thought switching to a "better" Blackberry would be simpler......instead, it's turning out to be a major pain.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24B4573A

Heather, go to messages select menu, then hit options, select SMS and email Boxes and change it to separate.

This will remove your calls and missed calls from that box to your call log, it will also move your sms and mms to your sms box, Although it will still keep all your email in the messaging folder.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Ok, thank you all for your information.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherAC View Post
    It wouldn't be a big deal except that my missed calls ALSO show up in the generic message folder and it's a pain in the rear to dig thru a bunch of crap email to find who I missed calls from.
    Your phone has a filtered call log. Hit Send.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Heather, go to messages select menu, then hit options, select SMS and email Boxes and change it to separate.

This will remove your calls and missed calls from that box to your call log, it will also move your sms and mms to your sms box, Although it will still keep all your email in the messaging folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_walk View Post
    Your phone has a filtered call log. Hit Send.
    Thanks to both of you.

I swear this new phone is sucking the brain cells out every time I put it up to my head and every time I try to figure out something which is seemingly simple I just end up feeling stupid.

Apparently not all calls show up in the log on my Blackberry, but they didn't all show up on my prior phone either - perhaps it's a Verizon issue. There are two missed calls that show up in the messages folder but not in the call log.
    Last edited by HeatherAC; 06-23-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

You have to go to the call log app then go to the options menu in that and tell it to not show missed calls in the messaging folder, then all call logs should stay in the call log app.
    CrackBerry User

So the final verdict is no you can't separate emails into each of their icons?

I'm having a problem where the little red star is only appearing on the messages icon, and not on each of the email icons. Does that make sense?

This could be a deal breaker for me. I might switch back to my 8130.

If anyone has any advice how to separate the emails so that I can hide the general messages icon.

Thanks
    Crack is Whack
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I guess there is no way to separate.

I don't know why you are not getting the red star on other email boxes, mine works fine.

I don't think it's a good idea to hide the general messages icon, have youchecked the options menu?

CrackBerry User

I have a personal email account, and a "junk" yahoo account that I use for online shopping, message board registrations, etc. I don't really want my kids seeing those Yahoo emails, as they sometimes pertain to things I have bought them. I wanted to be notified, though, when I got a Yahoo mail.

I separated my emails from SMSs first. Then I moved both the Yahoo mail icon and the Messages icon into my Docs To Go folder, while leaving my bellsouth.com address icon alone. I downloaded BerryBuzz, and assigned a different LED color to the Yahoo mail account.

Now my phone blinks blue when I have a Yahoo mail and red when I have a different mail. So if the kids are playing brickbreaker or something and I get a Yahoo mail, it doesn't come up in my messages folder and they can't go poking for it.

Just a thought - if you don't mind downloading and paying for the BerryBuzz app. (I think it has a 7 day trial, though, so you can see if this works for you.)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I have a similar problem that no one has told me how to solve.

I got my work BB setup last week and all my work emails get sent to "messages". I recently added my personal verizon POP account and it created a new mail icon for that account only.

The problem is that it now sends both my work email and verizon email to the "messages" icon, and only the verizon email to the verizon mail icon. I want to seperate my work email from my personal verizon email.

There has to be a way to have my work email in one icon and my verizon email on a seperate icon, right? This is a very simply thing. Thanks for any help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Default Just Create A Folder and Move them into it.

I have all my email inbox in a folder called Email. I use the messages folder to view all my emails and text. If I only want to see Yahoo Emails I just to go my email folder and it allows me to see my other email in boxes instead of hiding them.
    ~I am still at a lost who I really am but by going deep into the jungles I can unlock my secret past.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Two Inboxes

Quote Originally Posted by rappadappa77 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty annoyed of receiving email messages to my yahoo account inbox and having it show up in the messages inbox also.
    How do you stop this?

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? I've had a customer with this issue. The BES has recently been patched, and I haven't heard back from the customer yet. Wouldn't folder redirection solve this issue?

1) From the Home screen, click messages
    2) Press the BB key > Options > Email Preferences.
    3) If the Message Services field appears, set this field to the appropriate email account.
    4) Press the BB key > Folder Redirection.
    5) Select the check box beside an email folder.
    6) Press the BB key > Save.
    7) Pull battery and restart BB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast