- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
How to wipe 8220 with no battery
i have an old 8220 that i'd like to get rid of, but i don't think i wiped it before throwing it into a drawer 2.5 years ago.
the battery's swollen and not working, so i can't start it up to check the status of the data.
i had read that i should be able to connect to a pc through usb without a battery, but when i tried connecting it with usb with no battery in, it won't connect, and i can't get it to start up on usb power either.
any ideas? is there anything else i can do?
- Best AnswerJan 17 2014 | 9:53 pm EST
Welcome to CrackBerry! No you can't run it without a battery. Once the app loader detects the device, you need to pop in a working battery to get it to load a new OS
- By ThaRebel in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 11Last Post: 01-24-14, 12:01 AM
- By coolrat33 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 13Last Post: 01-23-14, 05:40 PM
- By tripple dunk in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 18Last Post: 01-19-14, 04:52 AM
Heeellpp!!! My GPS no longer works on any of my fitness apps. I have tried reloading them, turning mBy lisagiggles1 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 2Last Post: 01-18-14, 07:03 AM
- By Alfredofid in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 2Last Post: 01-17-14, 08:49 PM