I have a blackberry 8220 flip phone someone gave me and iam trying to unlock it but everytime i try it does nothing. I start by going to menu, then to connection to diable them, then to settings,then options, then advance,then sim, then i type meppd and it shows at the top sim card security disable personalizatio sim disabled,network,disabled, network disabled, and so forth disabled but shows my number at the bottom then i type alt mepp (ALT) 2 nothing happens tried juss mepp2, mepp4 but nothing goes any further for me to put in the unlock code if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it alot thank's
Last edited by Dale74; 10-29-2012 at 09:47 PM.
- CrackBerry Master
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM #5
- 1,100 Posts
Can't get any more Unlocked
The phone is already unlocked to work on any GSM network. See the second screen shot here:
What is MEP? | BlackBerryUnlocking.US | BlackBerry Unlocking | Unlock BlackBerry | BlackBerry Unlock Code | Unlock BlackBerry Bold Torch Curve Storm Pearl
What does the signal strength meter show? As long as you've got bars and no SOS, the phone should be able to make calls.
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-16-2012, 01:36 AM #9
- 1 Posts
you actually need to hold ALT key while typing MEPP2(or MEP2) - either of them, and make sure you dont press twice on any of the buttons - on the Flip to get P you need to press button twice - just press it once. So, in reality, you actually pressing 91OO2(91O2).
Hope this helps,
- By mreddy in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 4Last Post: 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
- By trmr2000 in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 8Last Post: 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
- By purpleberry218 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
- By Papaluchi in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
- By Bunneebuns in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM