Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Error playing :the media being played is of an unsupported format

Hi folks,

Just got the Pearl flip 8230, and was super stoked when I found out I could set songs as my ringtones. Thing is, they'll work for maybe 1 or 2 calls / texts, then whenever I get a call or a text there is no sound at all, & when I try to play the ringtones in the media player I get the message "Error playing :the media being played is of an unsupported format"

The files are .mp3 & I have done numerous battery pulls. Any ideas on what I could try to fix the problem?

Thanks & have a good weekend.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,252 Global Posts

You can try to reinstall your Os but if that does not work call your carrier mine works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem on my pearl. Many battery pulls as well. I have been looking all over online on what to do. I have reinstalled the os, and called verizon. They dont seem to know anything about it. Any other suggestions?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default i also have the same thing by playing music on my 9670 (style)

some music do play, some don't i have no solution, i looked all over, this problem exists for a week, prior to that everything worked great.

if you have a solution please share and help us.

thank you
    CrackBerry User

same issue but with blackberry media sync - unsupported for some songs when streaming from itunes but they play fine if i download them?