Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Change Camera Blackberry Flip 8220

Can I take my phone to a tech shop specialized in blackberry smartphones for them to change my in-phone camera to a better quality one? I need an answer! I think its possible though I need a bit of assurance about it because my camera its 1.3 mega-pixel I need at least 2 o maybe 3 mega-pixel SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP MEEE!!
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts

You would better off just buying a new or used phone with a better camera. If it is even possible to change the camera, the cost would not be worthwhile, considering you can get an 8220 for around $70 on eBay. If it is even possible to change the camera to a different type, you would probably pay more than $70 just for that.
    CrackBerry Master

Despite what you may have heard, the Pearl Flip series HAS a 2.0MP camera. If you need higher-resolution camera phone, consider a newer phone. The 9700 and 9100 have a 3.2MP camera; the 9780 and 9800 have a 5.0MP camera.

FWIW my 8220 shoots great pictures; my wife's 8220 shoots fuzzy pictures. The difference is that I clean my camera lens at least once a week with a Spudz microfiber cloth -- whenever I clean my eyeglasses.
    Thanked by:
    Jaszman (02-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Post Flip Pictures

My Flip shoots blurry pictures but it shows great during the day.
    Here is a sample of all my pictures I took with my phone:
    Flickr: maxknux's Photostream

Like the others said, either try learning the limitations of the camera on your phone or buy a newer BlackBerry with OS 6
    ~I am still at a lost who I really am but by going deep into the jungles I can unlock my secret past.

Global Posts
    32,145 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Two problems with upgrading any camera. 1. Hardware needs to fit. Software needs to be able to use the upgraded camera. Since the software on your device is designed to use the 2.0MP camera, with fixed focus, it would probably be lacking the code for the autofocus versions that come in later devices, that have more features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    Despite what you may have heard, the Pearl Flip series HAS a 2.0MP camera. If you need higher-resolution camera phone, consider a newer phone. The 9700 and 9100 have a 3.2MP camera; the 9780 and 9800 have a 5.0MP camera.

FWIW my 8220 shoots great pictures; my wife's 8220 shoots fuzzy pictures. The difference is that I clean my camera lens at least once a week with a Spudz microfiber cloth -- whenever I clean my eyeglasses.
    Gee thanks Hubermania, I too started to get blurry pictures on my phone, and never really thought it was a dirty lens because I clean my phone daily. I took my micro fiber cleaning cloth for my glasses and pushed it into the lens recess giving it a good cleaning out.

Perfect pictures again, problem solved.

P.S. Be a nice guy and clean out the lens recess on the wife's phone once in awhile. It might pay off in the long run LOL
    Last edited by Jaszman; 02-22-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: P.S.