CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Call log is there, but no history. How do I get that back?

I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it, but here is what is happening with my flip Pearl.

If I press the phone button I get a list of numbers (or names if the call was with a contact). I cannot see if the call was incoming or outgoing, answered or missed, and if I press the BlackBerry button to select "view call history" to see dates/times and durations, this option is no longer in the menu. It's driving me pretty crazy.

I have tried battery pulls, theme changes, upgrade OS bundle version. Nothing works. I don't know what happened, but does anyone know how I can possibly fix this?

Thanks,

Bobbie
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Clear the phone log

I have an 8220 Pearl Flip and I had a problem somewhat similar to what you describe above except mine had a uncaught execption error on the phone when it happened. Anyway I discovered the phone log was corrupted, and fixed the problem by clearing the phone log.
    1) Start the Blackberry desktop (on your computer) and connect the phone
    2) Click on Backup and Restore
    3) Click on Advanced
    4) In the right hand window scroll to Phone Log, and select it
    5) Click the Clear button (located just below the window)
    6) Click Return to Main Menu, and exit the program
    7) Disconnect the phone and if this is the problem your phone log should function normally now
    You won't be able to view any of the calls your have in your phone because they have been deleted, but all calls made from on out should list normally as they did before. Good luck
    Thanked by 2:
    hubermania (11-26-2010),  settec (12-31-2010) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the same error on my phone again today. This is a different 8220 from the 1st one it happened on, and it just seemed weird that the exact same error would happen again on another 8220.

Anyway, the error message I get is "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Nullpo interexception" and what I had discovered in an old post by grfxguy was that the phone log was corrupted. I guess I'll clear the phone log again per the below directions.

What I was wondering is if any other 8220 users have had this problem before. I re-read through the old posts and found many posts that were very similar.

Had a uncaught execption error on the phone when it happened. Anyway I discovered the phone log was corrupted, and fixed the problem by clearing the phone log.
    1) Start the Blackberry desktop (on your computer) and connect the phone
    2) Click on Backup and Restore
    3) Click on Advanced
    4) In the right hand window scroll to Phone Log, and select it
    5) Click the Clear button (located just below the window)
    6) Click Return to Main Menu, and exit the program
    7) Disconnect the phone and if this is the problem your phone log should function normally now
    You won't be able to view any of the calls your have in your phone because they have been deleted, but all calls made from on out should list normally as they did before. Good luck
    Last edited by Jaszman; 04-05-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: update