Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Alarm rings when phone is off-how to make it stop

I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer. I have a Blackberry 8220 and I have several alarms set in the calendar. There have been times when I've needed to turn my phone off but have forgotten to delete the calendar event. Lo and behold, even with the phone turned off, the alarm will sound at a most inopportune time. Is there a way to disable the feature of having my alarm sound when the phone is off? Is so, please make the explanation as simple as possible. Thanks a lot.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Fine the power button. (The icon rather)
    Click it with the power button.
    It says scheduled to turn on "then there is a time and date here"

Click FULL POWER OFF.

Alarms will then be ignored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Sorry

Please forgive my ignorance. I have no idea what you mean. Where do I find an icon for the power button? Click what with the power button? All of this is on the 8220? Blackberry savvy I am not, to say the least. Thank you for your patience and help.
    CrackBerry User

If I may?...

When you click on the "Blackberry icon" (just under the green phone receiver icon) you get to the full menu. Look for the icon that is a RED CIRCLE with a straight line up, kinda like a red clock without numbers and pointing to midnight. Choose it with the trackball then click on it with the trackball. A window will appear that says: "...device schedule to turn on at (date and time here)..." Under that you should have two choices. Click with the trackball on FULL POWER OFF.
    You should be able to sleep peacefully til morning...

(unless of course you got kids...)

Good luck!
    Last edited by Darthalie; 11-16-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    8220 Pearl Flip
    Thanked by:
    jediracer (11-19-2010) 
    CrackBerry Master

Tough to describe the Power Off icon, it looks like a big red letter G turned facing up (')

The location of the icon depends on your theme. Precision Silver puts it on the main screen. Precision T-Mobile and other themes put the icon into the Setup folder.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I think he's only confused about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcommand View Post
    Click it with the power button.
    cause I have set my alarms all the time and never seen it ...

*fumbles around on BB options*

maybe the poor guy forgot to turn off the "auto on/off"...and then the alarms goes off after it automatically turns on in the morning...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Alarms sill ring in off ringer profile

I'm having the same problem but what these responses are not recognizing is that the intial poster has not turned the phone off but has set the ringer profile to off, on other blackberries this mode is called silent. It silences everything other than alarms. what we want to know is how to silence alarms with the rest of our phone without powering down the phone itself. Hope that clears this up for some more appropriate answers for this issue.
    CrackBerry Master

@Myrilandel the simple answer is that you can't, not with the native clock app.

Setting the sound profile to Off won't silence clock alarms, because the native clock app does not obey the sound profile.
    A simple power Off won't silence clock alarms, because the native clock app will power up the phone at the scheduled time.
    Full Power Off is the only thing that will silence clock alarms because the phone will remain off until the power button is pressed. First screen shot below shows the Power Off icon. Second screen shot below shows the power off popup window. You can see that unless I do a Full Power Off, the phone will power up for my scheduled 8AM alarm.

Power Off icon.png Power Off screen.png

Just my $.02, I'm really glad the alarm rings regardless of the sound profile. There have been dozens of times I've gone to bed and forgot that my phone was still on vibrate.