Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. bb_flip_girl's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Question downloading plazmic theme builder?

    I downloaded the plazmic theme builder and I want to use it on my phone. Can I do this? Or do I have to post it on the internet and then download it to my phone that way? I've tried to use my application loader and that didn't work.
  2. Dave12308's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Plazmic is a PC application. You build the theme on your PC, and once it's finished you upload it to the phone.
  3. Hoggles's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Plazmic is a PC application. You build the theme on your PC, and once it's finished you upload it to the phone.
    Like Dave said. Plazmic is a PC program. Build your theme, save it on your PC, upload it to your Flip via the Desktop Manager/Application loader. Very very easy. I made a Dark Crystal theme in about 20 minutes on my first attempt.

    Super easy...

    Good luck flip_girl!
    Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will ~Dan Millman
  4. bb_flip_girl's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    I've tried everything nothing works. I know its a pc program, I just can't use my application loader. I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't know what.I've even tried it on themes that require it on the internet. You know unzipped them and stuff. And tried to use the application loader and I'm completely dumbfounded on how to use it properly. My theme doesn't appear in the list of programs that you can add or delete from your phone. I have it saved as both .axl and .jad and neither work.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. lady_dynam1te's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    export alx then plug in your bb with a usb and open your desktop manager program. go to add remove applications, your adding a new one, not updating. then click browse, find your alx file, click next a couple times, your phone will reset and your done. Just make sure you dont move the 2 files (alx and cod) cause they are bound together. Once you move them to a new location on your computer... lets say from my pics to desktop, they will no longer work and you'll get the "no applications for your device were found". If you plan on moving your files around, select both files and send to a zip file. then you can move them anywhere and just unzip to give them to friends or reload onto your phone. Hope this helps
    ♥~Not a member of this site anymore, but i cant close account. Dont bother talking to me cause IM NOT COMING BACK!!!~
  6. Hoggles's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb_flip_girl View Post
    I've tried everything nothing works. I know its a pc program, I just can't use my application loader. I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't know what.I've even tried it on themes that require it on the internet. You know unzipped them and stuff. And tried to use the application loader and I'm completely dumbfounded on how to use it properly. My theme doesn't appear in the list of programs that you can add or delete from your phone. I have it saved as both .axl and .jad and neither work.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Strange.... Not sure what or why you keep referring to the internet? The ONLY thing you need the web for is to initially download Plazmic....that's it. So if you've done that, lets forget get about the good old world wide web for now.

    Just to make sure flip_girl.....

    1) You installed Plazmic on your computer, made a theme, and saved it as cod/alx files (you'll get both those files when you save it).

    2) You have Desktop Manager 4.6 or above installed on your comp.

    3) Your Flip is plugged into your comp (silly I know, but hey....)

    4) Desktop Manager recognizes your Flip

    5) From DM you open Application Loader, then open Add/Remove Applications

    6) After it searches for updates, it shows whats loaded on your phone etc.... then you hit the browse tab, find those cod/alx files you saved from Plazmic (maybe onto your desktop so they're easy to find).

    7) Click next, DM will tell you what your about to install/update...ie: "bb_flip_girl's new totally awesome theme".

    8) It loads your new theme, takes a few min, finishes....you do a battery pull (or use a app like Quickpull).

    9) You jump up and down with joy.....that should do it.

    Aside from #9....Which one of those steps did not happen??

    Hope this helps, feel free to post back, let us know!

    Cheers
    Last edited by Hoggles; 07-12-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will ~Dan Millman
  7. Dave12308's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb_flip_girl View Post
    I've tried everything nothing works.
    I'm sorry for my useless response then, the way you worded your original post, it sounded like you were trying to install Plazmic on your phone *LOL*
  8. Hoggles's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I'm sorry for my useless response then, the way you worded your original post, it sounded like you were trying to install Plazmic on your phone *LOL*
    That threw me off too....sounded like that.
    Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will ~Dan Millman
  9. bb_flip_girl's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Yeah that's what I figured you thought was happening. Lol its cool. I figured it out. And I feel like a moron! I previously had a bb pearl 8130 and I figured that because I already had a desktop manager on my computer that it would be fine. I was wrong. So I took the time to download the 4.6 version and it worked fine. I'm stupid I know. I'm not usually such a dumbass when it comes to technology but I guess I have my moments of stupidity. Lol anyways thanks all for your help.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  10. Hoggles's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb_flip_girl View Post
    Yeah that's what I figured you thought was happening. Lol its cool. I figured it out. And I feel like a moron! I previously had a bb pearl 8130 and I figured that because I already had a desktop manager on my computer that it would be fine. I was wrong. So I took the time to download the 4.6 version and it worked fine. I'm stupid I know. I'm not usually such a dumbass when it comes to technology but I guess I have my moments of stupidity. Lol anyways thanks all for your help.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hehe....

    No sweat flip girl, you're no "dumber" than anyone else We all have our moments. That's what forums are for, to help and share knowledge and to learn.

    Glad you got it working

    Cheers!
    Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will ~Dan Millman
  11. tviki's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Hello Everybody,

    I would need help with uploading a theme. When I save a theme it will be a .thm file. But how to create .alx/.cod files?

    In advance thank you for your help!
  12. jmottes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    hoggles. Are you my BI 111 teacher?

Posting Permissions