For some reason my phone will no longer play videos from youtube. Everytime I click to watch a video it opens a screen that says blackberry and it starts to load. But then it cancels and says that it is unable to render the page. How can I fix this? (it used to work and now it doesnt, i didnt change any settings.) thanks
    01-18-08 02:06 PM
    Do you have Audio Boost On in Media Player? If so turn it Off

Media>Options>Audio Boost
    01-18-08 03:36 PM
    wow!!!! thanks it worked
    01-18-08 06:26 PM
    welcome.. glad you're streaming again.
    01-18-08 06:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well. And, yes I have auto boost turned off. I get the message "A problem occured while trying to render the page"
    01-18-08 07:05 PM
    Huh, last i heard youtube wasn't working for any of the 8130s. I'll have to check it out
    01-18-08 09:58 PM
    Currently still unable to view any videos/movies.
    01-19-08 11:26 AM
    Had the same problem. I just upgraded the OS to Alltel's latest (4.3.0.81) and youtube works!
    Here's a link
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4
    Last edited by pmas; 01-26-08 at 12:19 PM.
    01-26-08 12:15 PM
    Nice , Hey GadgetGeek do you have any ideal way turn audio boost cause this problem rendering video from such sites as youtube
    05-26-08 03:56 PM
    Youtube used to work fine on my phone until one day ( I think it was a tuesday). When a video is clicked on a message is recieved saying "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash Player."

So i first clicked on 'Get the latest Flash Player' and it installed fine. However; nothing changed. Still no video playback, and yes I'm pretty sure JavaScript is turned on.

I have the following enabled a.k.a chech mark applied.....

Enable JavaScript Location Support
    Support JavaScript
    Allow JavaScript popups

again i never changed any settings. At least not in the menu itself. Just youtube videos stopped working on my storm.
    Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks all...
    05-08-09 03:26 AM
    my youtube comes up but when you click on the video the arrows flash but nothing happens... any ideas?
    03-27-10 01:00 PM
    the only time i've ever had problems watching youtube vids on my blackberry was when i didn't enter through the mobile site: m.youtube.com
    if you enter the mobile site, all the vids should work...
    02-09-11 08:01 PM
    have a 9780. have upgraded to the 6.0.0.448 from the .359. havent been able to use the mobile network to watch any you tube videos. the page with the videos opens up but when i click on the video i wanna watch, it first says buffering and then the following message appears "cannot find web address. verify that this web address is valid" some one please help!!.
    02-22-11 12:20 AM
    Youtube used to work fine on my phone until one day ( I think it was a tuesday). When a video is clicked on a message is recieved saying "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash Player."

So i first clicked on 'Get the latest Flash Player' and it installed fine. However; nothing changed. Still no video playback, and yes I'm pretty sure JavaScript is turned on.

I have the following enabled a.k.a chech mark applied.....

Enable JavaScript Location Support
    Support JavaScript
    Allow JavaScript popups

again i never changed any settings. At least not in the menu itself. Just youtube videos stopped working on my storm.
    Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks all...
    This should fix the problem:

Open your browser on your BB
    Press Menu (the button to the left of your track pad/ball)
    Options
    Browser Configuration
    Scroll down to Browser Identification and make sure the setting is Blackberry. If the settings is Firefox or Internet Explorer this is your problem.
    Firefox or Internet Explorer settings tell the server your using a computer and that is why your being asked to update Flash.
    If your setting is BB, then the server will automatically use the mobile site at m.youtube.com

Hope that helps!!
    04-01-11 11:40 AM
    My Youtube stopped working on my curve 8330 as well, tried regular and mobile versions. tried 3 different browsers as well. Java is enabled as well The only way that i can view videos is via a crappy youtube player that i downloaded.
    04-10-11 03:12 PM
    I know most networks block streaming especially T-Mobile they block types like YouTube as they use to much data traffic as the network is running NAT so you will get a IP like 10.116.3.2 address's and slow everyone down on there network. They like to be faster then any other network.

Try it on Wireless / WiFi and see what happens
    Last edited by liverpool211; 05-30-11 at 04:09 PM.
    05-30-11 04:03 PM
    have a 9780. have upgraded to the 6.0.0.448 from the .359. havent been able to use the mobile network to watch any you tube videos. the page with the videos opens up but when i click on the video i wanna watch, it first says buffering and then the following message appears "cannot find web address. verify that this web address is valid" some one please help!!.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 12:17 AM
    I have a curve 9360 and just now I realized that my youtube isn't working, when I go to a video the cursor doesnt turn into a hand in order for me to click onto the video. Any suggestions?
    02-17-13 01:52 PM
    I have got the same problem since 4 days someone help ?
    02-17-13 05:43 PM
    Hi any dinosaurs out there.
    I use opera mini with my immortal pearl 8110 when I choose play video it goes automatically to the phones browser and when I push play I read something like this
    The protocol is not specified by the handheld try another URL.
    Thanks in advance.
    11-06-13 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD