Hi, I am brand new to the site and it has been very helpful so far but I am having a problem with Youtube. I can access the website and go as far as clicking "watch video" and the media player coming up but videos will not playing. Do I have my browser configured wrong or something?

In addition to Youtube, my girlfriend was trying to get on Victoriassecret.com and that would not come up either, yet I have had friends with the same blackberry (8130) with the same carrier access it. Any thoughts?
    01-05-09 01:07 PM
    Hi, I am brand new to the site and it has been very helpful so far but I am having a problem with Youtube. I can access the website and go as far as clicking "watch video" and the media player coming up but videos will not playing. Do I have my browser configured wrong or something?

In addition to Youtube, my girlfriend was trying to get on Victoriassecret.com and that would not come up either, yet I have had friends with the same blackberry (8130) with the same carrier access it. Any thoughts?
    In order for you to be able to vew YouTube on your phone, you have to have the latest Operating System version 4.5 installed on your phone. You can tell what version you have by going to your options icon (looks like a wrench) and then selecting "about". If you don't have v4.5, you won't be able to view YouTube video.

To download v4.5, you have to connect your phone to your computer via USB cable, and download 4.5 from a site to then install on your phone. You can view the links at the top of this forum's page to see threads and instructions on how to load 4.5.
    01-05-09 01:38 PM
    Under Browser Configuration make sure everything is checked and Emulation Mode: BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 02:39 PM
    Does it still use flash? Or do they use something else for phones?
    01-05-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD