Hello everyone, first time poster here

I have a 8130 from Alltel. I got it within a week of July 28th. Running 4.5 now. I have a 2gb Media card, and 6,677,215 bytes free. Bluetooth is not on, although I do sometimes turn GPS on. My signal is always good (4-5 bars) and I don't really notice the arrows too often. I make sure I close out of all my applications properly.

My problems are;
    -The phone gets way hot when talking on the phone. So hot it makes me need to go speaker phone.
    -The "Symbols" page in texts goes pretty slow. Same in BB messenger.
    -Battery does pretty good, when not talking on the phone. My battery can go down from almost full charged to dead in less than 2 hours. If I can even stand the heat that long.

Are these just minor problems not to be worried about?
    Thanks
    10-16-08 09:16 PM
    I don't know whats going on with the heat thing. But this "6,677,215 bytes free" is a Major Problem. Very low. Look into this after you have Alltel switch out your toaster.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-16-08 09:20 PM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!
    pl has good advice. Let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 09:40 PM
    According to RIM. Approximate Battery Life of the 8130 is
    9 days or 216 hours (Standby time) 220 minutes or 3.7 hours (Talk time). So 2 straight hours of talking could about kill a full charge and I would imagine it would get pretty warm. I don't think I could talk for 2 hours. Follow the guide I provided to free up more memory and your lagging issues should be resolved.
    10-16-08 09:46 PM
    The symbols key being slow could be theme dependent. I have a custom theme and with that they symbols screen is super slow but with a preloaded them its fast
    10-16-08 09:53 PM
    Under App loader on the desktop software, at the bottom it says 40258 K for total application size.

Edit: Yeah, I use a theme i downloaded.

Edit 2: Increased my File free to 16,404,983 by using Maxmem to delete the voice dialing and it deleted a lot. The only 3rd party app I have is google maps.

Am I making good progress?
    Last edited by Aloysius; 10-16-08 at 10:08 PM.
    10-16-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD