Hey guys, first post. I am loving the new Pearl so far but have a question. The first thing on my home page is a folder w my two email accounts in it. Then SMS, calc etc. Anyways. Alot of the time I hit the "apps" button when I power on the phone or resume from standby (and by default the cursor is highlighting the 1st thing in the list--the email folder) But it takes me directly into that folder. At first, I thought I must be accidently hitting the pearl or something, but I have confirmed it and it ALWAYS does it the first time only. Then I have to hit back (which takes about two seconds......is that normal?) Then when I hit "apps" again (regardless if I am highlighting the email folder or not) and then it takes to the application screen....

Any insight into that strange phenomenon?

Also, the two second delay from being inside the email folder after hitting "up\back" is HIGHLY annoying and adds to the frustration of this whole thing becuase I am always ending up in that folder!

Thanks in advance!!!

Reed
    03-02-08 10:35 PM
    You mean the menu button?

While you have your BB turned on, take out the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in.
    03-02-08 10:58 PM
    Sorry, yeah, the menu button. I have reset it several times actually...still to no avail.
    03-03-08 07:24 AM
    Reed...
    No matter what is highlighted on the home screen, when you press the menu button, it will take you to the applications screen.
    I just tried the standby, and whatever you had highlight when you went into standby is what still is highlighted when you resume. Try to see if this works for you.

Also, in the application screen, whatever your first five apps/folders are across the top is what will be on your home screen. This is with the zen theme. Others will be different. You can move these around. On the apps screen highlight the one you want to move, press menu move. Then move it up to the top or wherever, and press the trackball to place.
    03-03-08 07:47 AM
    Reed...
    No matter what is highlighted on the home screen, when you press the menu button, it will take you to the applications screen.
    I just tried the standby, and whatever you had highlight when you went into standby is what still is highlighted when you resume. Try to see if this works for you.

Also, in the application screen, whatever your first five apps/folders are across the top is what will be on your home screen. This is with the zen theme. Others will be different. You can move these around. On the apps screen highlight the one you want to move, press menu move. Then move it up to the top or wherever, and press the trackball to place.

Thanks for the quick response. However, that is not what is happening on my phone. If I am using the phone, go into standby, bring it back out, and hit the menu key (no matter where I am) I go straight to the application screen. I can do 1000 times and it will work 1000 times. What happens though is if I havent used my phone in 20 or 30 minutes and I bring it out of standby, and (very carefully) hit only the menu key. I go straight into the email folder since it is the first, and hence default, position for the trackball. It will do this ONCE. If i send it into standby and try again, it wont--i go to the apps screen.
    03-03-08 09:20 AM
    That is strange. I personally don't use standby so I don't know if this will happen to me also. Don't know what to tell you at this point. You've tried the battery pull. What version of the OS you running?
    03-03-08 09:31 AM
    Reed,
    I just tried standby for the last 30 minutes, when I came out if it, it was still on the same app as I left it. Pushing menu only sent me to the apps screen. Sorry. What version of the OS are you using?
    03-03-08 10:15 AM
    Hey! Thanks for the response, sorry I have been out of the country. I am using 4.3.0.71

Just to be clear. I believe this would only happen if you have a folder as your first thing on the menu (using the Sprint theme). I suppose I can just switch the order of the icons so the cursor would default to the top item (a folder), but I am just curious.

Thanks again for all the help so far!
    03-18-08 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD