i put some songs on my blackberry media card and then i checked the status on my phone and said all of this memory was used up but i thought i just put the songs on the media card
    05-01-08 10:48 AM
    Did you enable mass storage when you transferred the songs?
    05-01-08 10:55 AM
    no but if i dont that wont the songs go on the phones memory not the cards?
    05-01-08 10:58 AM
    no but if i dont that wont the songs go on the phones memory not the cards?

Huh??? you did not make sense...
    05-01-08 10:59 AM
    My bad, i meant, i didn't have the mass storage on but if i turn it on wont the songs go onto the phone's memory and not the card?
    05-01-08 11:08 AM
    my bb pearl says i need to turn on the mass storage to put songs in the media card, but when i turn mass storage on it says i cant use the media card is not availabe because the mass storage is on.
    05-01-08 11:22 AM
    Did you format the media card?
    05-01-08 11:27 AM
    yeah and when i did i lost some memory haha what happend there?
    05-01-08 11:28 AM
    What do you mean you lost memory? Formatting a memory card should make it ready to be used with your BB.
    05-01-08 11:35 AM
    yeah i dunno it said i had a total space of like 980 mb then i formated it and it went down to 939. and how come when i turn on the mass storage stuff and the media card support and i drag songs in there, my memory on the STATUS keeps getting less and less
    05-01-08 11:40 AM
    05-01-08 12:29 PM
    thanks for that
    05-02-08 05:02 PM
    Did you format the media card?
    I am new to all of this, just a quick question. I have a pearl 8130 and got a new 4GB memory card. The phone recognized the card. I went into blackberry desktop manager and did the whole Roxio media manager thing. The card showed up, moved a bunch of songs and stuff to to it. When I disconnect the usb then the phone doesn't see the card. I have to go "add" the card again and reset my wallpaper. It works fine after I add it, but will I have to do it each time I synch? That doesn't seem right. Do you think I need to format the card? I thought it was formatted when I got it..lol

If so is there an easy way to keep the stuff I have on the card or am I just out of luck and have to start over? I wonder if there is a way in Roxio that I can move it back up off the card, format the card then move it back easily since I only had selective things on the card..hmm

Oops meant to say: Media card support is On, Mass storage mode is On, Auto enable mass storage mode Yes, says Total space 3.7gb, free space 3.4 gb So I think I have the settings right.
    Last edited by hsimone; 05-04-08 at 08:18 AM.
    05-04-08 08:15 AM
    The wallpaper yes but the card shouldn't have to be added again
    05-04-08 08:28 AM
    The wallpaper yes but the card shouldn't have to be added again
    When you added a new memory card did you format it? Maybe that is what I did wrong, didn't click on format via the phone so the phone doesn't see it automatically? It is weird because it works fine once I "add" it but I don't want to do that every time I connect to Blackberry desktop software.

It is a 4gb micro sdhc card

Thanks for the help.
    05-04-08 08:36 AM
    Ya you can go to options advanced options media card. Scroll to the bottom hit the track ball then select format card
    05-04-08 08:38 AM
    Ya you can go to options advanced options media card. Scroll to the bottom hit the track ball then select format card
    Well I formatted the card and the phone recognized it. Then went back to Desktop manager and put all the stuff back on the card. Then after disconnecting with desktop mgr, I still had to add the card on the phone. So I am not sure what the problem is on this one. Once I add the card it is fine and all my stuff is there. The problem is only when I reconnect to Desktop Mgr, then the card isn't recognized on the phone. *sigh*
    05-04-08 10:20 AM
    Hi,
    with all new memory cards do you have to format them before you download any files
    tantra.
    05-04-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD