also...please explain what "on conflicts: mailbox wins" means ?

as much information on this will be greatly appreciated.
    02-20-08 11:01 AM
    I think it's like a resyncing feature, allowing you to sync up any emails that might be on the server but not your device or on your device but not on the server. Setting it to mailbox wins would mean that if there's a conflict regarding emails, what's present on the mailbox (server) will take priority over what's on your device.
    02-20-08 11:13 AM
    Ok, your explanation regarding the email reconciliation part of my question addressed my confusion. However, I'm still lost as to exactly how the whole mailbox and conflict thing works...as in how and why could that be a problem? Where do most of the 'conflicts' stem from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hydroblack; 02-20-08 at 01:42 PM. Reason: created the post on my blackberry's keypad; discovered some typos.
    02-20-08 12:17 PM
    those settings are mostly used for BES users. like if you started an email on your handheld, and then started one on your desktop, (w/the same subject etc...) its a conflict, so what wins in that case, the device or the email server?

I expect you'd have more conflicts in the other data portions of your device and not so much the emails.
    02-20-08 03:34 PM
    The "conflicts" mostly have to do with what is marked as having been read. If it's been read on the desktop it should be marked as read on the BlackBerry and vice versa.
    02-21-08 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD