In Holster mean? Like the settings in the profiles options menu. Does that mean when you put the phone in Standby mode? Come to think of it, what does Standby mode even do besides turn the screen off?

Is there an easier way to change the ringtones and message alerts of profiles without going through each profile 10 times and changing them one by one?

Also, how do I use Voice Dialing? I tried it a few times, but when I said a name the phone didn't even show the right names. Is there a way to train the phone to respond to my voice?

Sorry for all of the questions, i'm a newb
    02-12-08 10:14 PM
    Holster - the 'case' that you can put on your hip. You can have certain settings within profiles for while the device is in the holster. the magnet in the holster tells the device the settings to use, i.e. advise the device when it is in a holster...

Profiles - no, there is no easy way to change all the profile 'sub' settings...

Voice dialing - go to options, and adjust the settings there. I've had to reduce mine to a minus 1. All ok now...
    02-12-08 10:20 PM
    I dont know how else to tell you but in holster refers to the phone..um..being in the holster. Its a belt clip type of thingie that you can put the phone in then attach it to your hip.

Standby conserves power when youre not actively using the phone or pressing buttons.

You must edit the profile to change the behavior of each alert in that profile. Or you can go to your ringtone folder and highlight one and hit menu then set it as the ringtone.
    02-12-08 10:21 PM
    haha I know what a holster is. I guess I shoulda been more clear. It just didn't make sense how the phone would know it was in a holster, but a magnet makes perfect sense. Damn these really are smart phones. Thanks for the quick replies!
    02-12-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD