I can't seem to find anything in my documentation that gives a legend of the various LED colors and perhaps whether they flash in different patterns to indicate different statuses. I'm specifically referring to the LED in the upper right corner - not the one in the trackball.

About the only thing I have figured out so far is that the LED flashes blue when the bluetooth radio is turned on. Past that, I haven't really seen any other colors except when I have been loading program or the device is turned off and charging. When off and charging, I'll sometimes get solid green...when loading programs or rebooting, I'll get red for a little while. But most of the time, the LED is off. Oh, by the way, I am not connected to a BIS or other messaging system so I don't get e-mails. Maybe a flashing LED indicates "you have messages?"

Thanks in advance for any explanations.
    02-26-08 11:55 PM
    I thought this was covered in the user manual?
    02-27-08 12:01 AM
    To turn your LED on at all times.....Options>Screen/Keyboard>LED Indicator-ON.

Red: Message, email, Sms, vmail, alarm etc. Only lights for about 10 mintues
    Green: Network on--making a phone call
    Yellowish-green: Battery Low

Thats all I have seen.
    02-27-08 12:02 AM
    I thought this was covered in the user manual?
    No, it doesn't. I looked for it when I got mine too.
    02-27-08 12:03 AM
    Oops...found the answer here on crackberry in the "101" course located here.

My coverage indicator must be turned off because I never see the green light. Yellow never comes on because my battery hasn't run down enough, and red only comes on when I have a missed call since I am not doing e-mails with my BB.
    02-27-08 12:04 AM
    Interesting that this isn't in the manual.
    02-27-08 12:18 AM
    Atleast not for Sprint
    02-27-08 12:20 AM
    I just looked at my manual. On page 207 under the description of LED Notification it explains the colors.
    02-27-08 12:23 AM
    You have a Curve not a Pearl and your TMobile not Sprint. Sprint 8130 manual only has 79 pages. I just looked again too. Yes, we have a status indicator page but it only has indicators for the screen...nothing about the LED indicator.
    02-27-08 12:31 AM
    Yeah that's what I was trying to ascertain. I thought that maybe that section was buried somewhere in manual perhaps. Thanks for the info.
    02-27-08 12:35 AM
    No problem...
    02-27-08 12:40 AM
    There is a larger user manual for the Pearl 8130 that you can download from sprint.com using this link. It is 272 pages but nary a word about LED status indicators.

Go figure.

There is also a 242 page user guide on blackberry.com for the 8100 series phones that I managed to find just now. It does provide a legend for the LED notifications on page 183.

With my previous Sprint phones I have also found their documentation to be lacking, so the "missing" info for the Pearl isn't exactly a surprise.

Thank goodness for crackberry.com
    02-27-08 12:49 AM
    Don't forget Blue....pretty easy for Bluetooth.
    02-27-08 12:57 AM
    Oops...found the answer here on crackberry in the "101" course located here.

My coverage indicator must be turned off because I never see the green light. Yellow never comes on because my battery hasn't run down enough, and red only comes on when I have a missed call since I am not doing e-mails with my BB.
    Dad... you can try the green coverage indicator, but more than likely, after about 15 seconds, you'll be turning it off. Especially if you keep you BB next to your bed at night.
    02-27-08 04:47 AM
    Good info. I'm a A T & T user, and had a problem finding the LED color light meanings too!
    04-16-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD