I've had my BB for a few days, but just today it automatically shut off my radio (service) and now I see an icon of a cassette which I can't figure out exactly what it does..

.anybody know how to shut the radio on/off or what this cassette means? Thank you!
    02-21-08 10:45 AM
    Cassette icon = voice mail indicator

Radio on/off: Click on Manage Connections and turn Mobile Network on/off.

Welcome to The Crack! Check out the FAQs, and the Search function! Answers are plentiful here.
    02-21-08 10:50 AM
    Cassette icon means voicemail.
    02-21-08 10:50 AM
    Thank you!! I'm embarassed not to have known but am grateful for your help!
    02-21-08 09:54 PM
    weird. Mine did the same thing (shut off radio for no reason in the middle of the night). Even stranger, I have a voicemail icon that I can't get rid of. No messages in mailbox, batt pull didn't get it to go away... weird.
    02-21-08 11:36 PM
    The radio's do occasionally shut off on their own. I've never been able to figure out why. Seems to just be a bug.

For the stuck voicemail icon, try calling and leaving your self a voicemail and then deleting it. If that doesn't work call your carrier and they can reset it.
    02-21-08 11:47 PM
    From time to time, my voicemail icon sticks around after I've deleted the messages. After a while, it goes away on it's own.
    02-21-08 11:49 PM
    I've had my BB for a few days, but just today it automatically shut off my radio (service)
    Was your battery low?.. the BB will shut down the radio when the battery drops below 5%.
    02-22-08 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD