Ok, My Pearl got a little wet yesterday..I imeddiatley took out the batter for a half hour or so...And fired it up there after..And it worked..Someone called me and everything seemed fine except I could barely hear the person calling me...Some of the functions were weird for a bit and the screen was slightly water damaged..Then an hour or so later my service disappeared! now my phone starts up and everything is fine, just no service..Anyone know whats up with that? HELP!
    12-24-08 04:01 PM
    Likely a short circuit. Electronics and water do not mix well. When I dunked my 8120, I let it dry for a week before turning it on.
    12-25-08 10:54 AM
    As blackops indicated 30 minutes is not nearly enough drying time.
    In all probability turning it on so soon fried some part of the
    circuitry. If you can leave it to dry for a few days and see if that
    helps. If it does not the phone is, well, dead.
    12-25-08 02:52 PM
    ...yes, let it dry longer. But, let me ask this, is the sticker under the battery red now? If it is, then you'd have to buy a new one, period. No carrier will touch it if the sticker is red.
    12-25-08 04:11 PM
    Water damage to a phone will require an insurance claim and a $50 deductible. The other option is taking it into a sprint service and repair center. Explain that you got the phone wet (don't lie, they'll open it up, see the water damage and basically say, "screw you, buy a replacement"). They may be able to repair the phone and most repair centers would rather help a customer who was honest with them. The worst case scenario would require a $119 payment for a refurbished phone. If you don't have the insurance, see if you are able to add it at the end of this process so you don't need to pay a lot of expense in the future.
    12-28-08 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD