I have a notification at the top of my screen (where the notification icons are for new emails, sms messages, etc). It's a globe - it looks like the icon for the browser, but I can't figure out how it got there or how to make it go away. A couple of days ago I tried to look on the browser and got a pop up that said I wasn't in an area that could get data for the browser, and something like "Do you want to save this page?" or some other such thing. I don't know if I accidentally clicked "yes" or not, but ever since then, I've had this icon on the top of my screen. I've gone to my browser and tried to find a way to get them to disappear, but I can't. Can anyone help me? It's not messing anything up, it's just VERY annoying!!! Thanks!
    04-14-09 09:27 AM
    It's called a browser message. Open Messages - Menu - View Folder - Browser Messages
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-14-09 at 09:50 AM.
    04-14-09 09:44 AM
    It's called a browser message.
    yeppers, good call!
    04-14-09 09:46 AM
    It's called a browser message. Open Messages - Menu - View Folder - Browser Messages
    What are browser messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 10:06 AM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    04-14-09 10:13 AM
    What are browser messages?

Browser Message Push
    Instead of creating an icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry wireless device, a Browser Message Push will arrive in the Inbox on the device. When the user opens the message, the default browser on the device is launched then opens the page. Unlike the Browser Channel Push or Browser Content Push, the web page is stored as a browser message instead of in the BlackBerry Browser's cache. This means that the page will be available until the message is deleted. It will not be removed from the BlackBerry Browser cache when other events (browsing, cache clear) take place. The message created from a Browser Message Push is not sent to, and will not appear in, a user's Inbox on their desktop. It is sent directly to the device.
    04-14-09 10:17 AM
    Browser Message Push
    Instead of creating an icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry wireless device, a Browser Message Push will arrive in the Inbox on the device. When the user opens the message, the default browser on the device is launched then opens the page. Unlike the Browser Channel Push or Browser Content Push, the web page is stored as a browser message instead of in the BlackBerry Browser's cache. This means that the page will be available until the message is deleted. It will not be removed from the BlackBerry Browser cache when other events (browsing, cache clear) take place. The message created from a Browser Message Push is not sent to, and will not appear in, a user's Inbox on their desktop. It is sent directly to the device.
    Thank you very much.

04-15-09 03:55 AM
    Awesome learn something new everyday

04-15-09 04:31 AM
    Thank you very much.

No problem glad I could help...
    04-15-09 07:24 AM
    Having the same problem, however when I check the messages/browser folder it says no messages even though the icon is still there?? Any other ideas for me to try...
    08-15-09 12:59 PM
    Having the same problem, however when I check the messages/browser folder it says no messages even though the icon is still there?? Any other ideas for me to try...
    Have you tried a battery pull? Sometimes the notifications get stuck and a battery pull makes them go away.

08-15-09 03:07 PM
    Yep, I tried doing a batter pull and icon is still sitting there looking at me look at it..LOL
    08-15-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD