Good Morning!

This morning, on my Pearl 8130 (Verizon), I installed Weatherbug Mobile (OTA) and along with it was an option to install the "AQI" (Air Quality Index) program. I chose to install it and after seeing it, I chose to uninstall it. I went into Options>Adv. Options>Apps> and deleted the Weatherbug application. I powered it down and upon restart the AQI icon is still there. HOW DO I REMOVE THIS APP COMPLETELY? Has anyone ran into this?

Many Thanks!
    05-23-08 09:17 AM
    you could always try downloading the trial of SureWipe and delete anything that says weatherbug <shrugs> Or maybe you can do it using the desktop manager. Or look for another app that could be it.
    05-23-08 09:45 AM
    I hadn't heard of Sure Wipe, I'll look into that. I searched all over for anything to do with Weatherbug, but wasn't able to locate anything. As for the Desktop Manager, I'm having issues with that too...but that's a whole other thread

Thanks!
    05-23-08 09:52 AM
    Good Morning!

This morning, on my Pearl 8130 (Verizon), I installed Weatherbug Mobile (OTA) and along with it was an option to install the "AQI" (Air Quality Index) program. I chose to install it and after seeing it, I chose to uninstall it. I went into Options>Adv. Options>Apps> and deleted the Weatherbug application. I powered it down and upon restart the AQI icon is still there. HOW DO I REMOVE THIS APP COMPLETELY? Has anyone ran into this?

Many Thanks!
    Try the process again and do a hard reset(battery pull) with the berry on. Wait at least 30 sec. If it's still there, connect to the DM. Check the dates on your archived backup files and "restore" using a "previous" backup file prior to the application download date
    05-23-08 09:58 AM
    Tried the battery pull - still there. Could you tell me what I need to access to find the archive files? Thanks for your help!
    05-23-08 10:19 AM
    Tried the battery pull - still there. Could you tell me what I need to access to find the archive files? Thanks for your help!

When you connect to your PC, Open the DM and click the yes prompt to backup your current berry files. At that time review the folder/location of your backup files. When restoring, delete the all other backup files except for the one you really need.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-23-08 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Clarification
    05-23-08 10:28 AM
    Good Morning!

Many Thanks!
    Do you have the OTA for weatherbug? I have been looking for it?? Thanks!
    06-05-08 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD