I am a first time buyer of a BlackBerry Pearl 8130. My battery is about dead around 6:00pm. I don't use it much for the internet. I do keep it in it's sleeve. Is this common with the Pearl? Do you have any suggestions on how to conserve the battery? Thanks!
    04-20-08 09:00 PM
    If you have a lot of applications running it could drain on your battery, or you may have a bad battery mine was doing that when I first bought my Curve. Take it back to the dealer and they will replace it most of the time especially if its new. Welcome to the Black and the Crack.
    04-20-08 09:06 PM
    Your battery should be lasting longer than that. Does the sleeve you are putting the BB in put the BB to sleep? It should have a magnet in it that will automatically put the BB in sleep mode to conserve the battery. If it isn't going into sleep mode, the battery will continue to drain even tho' you aren't using the BB very much.
    04-20-08 09:11 PM
    Maybe you have too many applications open, they may be hidden running in the background.
    04-20-08 09:19 PM
    this might help!

Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-20-08 09:22 PM
    Good information. Thanks for the link!

Gracias!
    04-21-08 11:09 AM
    Good information. Thanks for the link!

Gracias!
    You're welcome :]
    04-21-08 11:53 AM
    I'm having the same problem...my battery was awesome with my first Pearl. I then exchanged it b/c of software issues and this battery freakin sucks. I texted back and fourth about 20 messages yesterday, no calls no nothing, and the phone was down to 15% battery life around 9pm. It's starting to really tick me off. I'm going up to the store this week to get a new battery for FREE! B/c this is not my fault.
    04-21-08 02:58 PM
    Thanks CATE for the link.
    04-21-08 07:58 PM
    You might have a bad battery just swap that bad boy!
    04-21-08 08:00 PM
    I'd also recommend taking it back. If you get a new one, charge it overnight for the first charge. If the first charge isn't long enough it won't hold a charge as well as it should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 09:04 PM
    I'm glad I came across this thread! My Wife had to take her Pink 8130 into Verizon because of a freezing problem. They swapped out the phone. The tech looked at the battery and it had a pink line going through it, she mumbled something about that battery. She swapped it out with one that has pink x's on it. My battery still has the pink line, she gets double the time compared to mine.
    04-22-08 06:52 AM
    I noticed that my battery life on my brand spankin new 8120 was horrible...so i went into the screen/keyboard settings and dropped down the backlight to like 20. I don't have any trouble seeing the screen and my battery life right now (7:45pm) is at 70%. I've been texting, talking, and browser...ing all day and its still holding strong. You don't necessarily have to duck down to 10-20 brightness, but going lower definitely helps!
    04-22-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD